Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cannot reply to posts
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Since the move to Jive 7, I have been unable to post a reply to anything when I am on my laptop or using the desktop version of the forum.  I CAN reply to posts when using the mobile version on my phone.  But I much prefer to read and respond to posts when I am sitting at my desk, using the laptop.  I have heard from others that they can post a new discussion, so I am posting this here, and hoping  there is a solution, or some setting I may have that is preventing me from posting.

Windows Vista, Chrome up to date, or IE9 makes no difference.

Re: Cannot reply to posts
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hey, Suzy,

I am replying to this post on my laptop using Chrome.  Just wanted to see if it works.  I usually use my Moto X and post via Chrome on that device. 

Doc

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

I also have noticed that the points for the user members so not add since the update.  Mine are still at what it was when the switch was made.

Doc

0 Likes
Not applicable

Same as SuzyQ can only reply via cell phone. No browser or tablet or desktop or laptop can reply to any post. Can make a post or status update can like a post but that is it. And the points although I don't care about them also non functional as you mentioned.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Re: Cannot reply to posts
B33
Sr. Leader

Hi All I can post on the P.C. side using Fire Fox as my browser) As for my phone I haven't tried but we'll try sometime this evening.. what puzzle me is the points aren't changing since the update went Live my points have been 14919,  I was just wondering is it because there's something wrong in some software that updates the numbers or are having to earn them another way.. I thought for every post that is post you earn 1-3 points so other than that Site looks pretty nice to meSmiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Re: Cannot reply to posts
Not applicable

No browser be is IE or Firefox or Chrome or Opera or Safari on anything other than an Apple iPhone cannot respond to any posts. At least at the lowest level Verizon would have had the over paid IT staff test and make sure it functioned *BEFORE* they put it out there for people to use.

I have noticed if you are posting only as a community member and not a customer the posts can be made. I believe the integration with customer names and cell numbers is what is non functional.

B33
Sr. Leader

hmm.. It makes one wonder big E,  I've always tried to use my username now sometime I would log-in by accident to my-verizon site and it would pop up a warning then I'd go back log in like I was supposed to and it was as usual it took my username and let me in but with this not letting people either log in or post it's sad thing for what was suppose to be a better customer experience on here.. All I guess any one can do is hope the staff that takes care of this pays attention to the issues that some customers are seeing and takes care of it..

0 Likes
Not applicable

The basic problem is I can use my screen name and I can log in to the community forum, however it does not accept my cell number as a login. With my password.

I can login through my verizon web site and select support-recent activity and it again asks for me to login.

No problem before the so called improvements to the forum just after they messed it up. I see I am not the only one with this issue.

Also posts are down I suspect due to folks that could reply before cannot do so now.

However I can log on as just a community member with different screen name and password and I can post, do status updates and reply with no problem what so ever.

So it is an issue with customers not being able to reply. And I am not changing my posting handle after all these years because the programmers at Verizon Wireless don't know how to fix what they mess up.

Good Luck

0 Likes
B33
Sr. Leader

I hear ya big E if your use to doing something and have for a long time,  making change just in how one's log makes no sense)  When the forum jumped from Lithium to Jive there was allot a long time members Quit because they were so use to Lithium's operation.. logging-In, posting,following threads, posting new threads, they were so accustom to it that when Jive came along it threw a big monkey in the wrench.. I hope this not the continuing path this update is going to send people,  if they can't log in or once they do can't post it may do just that..  Hopefully it Corrected

To Add:  I seen this Added after the Site was down this morning:

Actions:

---------------------------

Mark as a Decision

Mark for Action

Mark as Success

Manage:

---------------------------

Delete

Edit

0 Likes