Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Changes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I see everyone has been having fun adjusting to the new arrangement of the forums...I, too, was having difficulty logging in and hav efinally gotten back, and I am noticing that things are different-some are minor, some will have an impact in how I "work the boards".

Let me echo StreetDocRN - I miss the mouseover popup with a user's profile highlights.  And although it's a relatvely new feature, I really like having the user and subject line in the email notification when I receive a Private Message.  I noticed that was missing from my notifications right away.

I get some "screen jump" when moving from screen to screen--and it does annoy, especially since it happens EVERY time! Budone said some of the header stuff was cleaned up--I'm getting a banner image across the top and that "pops" in a few seconds after the rest of the page, so I see things shift downward.  I'm glad it seems to have improved--I don't need it on every page though.  Perhaps put that header image just on the log in screen, and the boards would be just the boards - no need for images....and that would eliminate the shift I'm seeing.

I haven't browsed around much yet....I'm just happy to have finally got myself logged in!  I did notice, as TGO mentioned, that my kudos count seems to be off--I can live with that, though.

Over the next couple of days I'll be reading and answering posts, doing my "normal" thing....and can give better feedback.   I haven't really had time or opportunity to give the newly separated boards a full workout yet!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Changes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Are you loggin in, through My Verizon???? I only have one add'l line now. The jumping is eliminated

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I changed my book mark to http://community.vzw.com/ - that seems to work.

My login for MyVerizon and my forum login are separate - and I may keep them that way.

When you say you have "one additional line" - does that mean you DON'T have the inch or so high banner with the LEARN, DISCUSS, and photos on it on every page?

See attached....

0 Likes
TheGreatOne

I don't think fun is the word I would use for this new forum.

• Difficult...yes
  • Hard to navigate...yes
  • Missing features....yes
  • FIOS people get moe features....yes

Yeah I really miss the kudos I earned. The tags are messed up too like I said somewhere else. On home page it says I have 67.Total tags I have are 4722.eeeeeekkk. :smileymad:

0 Likes
pmcd1962

My Kudos button is missing. I see a number just floating on the left, but no red box around it so that I know where to click. I think they need to test these pages before rolling them out. Design, implement, test, release.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Got the freaking weather back. OHHHHHHHHHH WAIT, But there is an arrow to hide it!!!!

SuzyQ, check PM.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

pmcd1962 wrote:

My Kudos button is missing. I see a number just floating on the left, but no red box around it so that I know where to click. I think they need to test these pages before rolling them out. Design, implement, test, release.

Mine are there

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The kudos count is limited to the last 30 days, rather than all-time.  This is a more accurate indicator, as it will show the most recently active posters who are receving the kudos.  You  can click on "View all" to see all time, last week, last month, etc and they all seem to be there when viewed that way. 

I miss the most recent 10 posts or so being listed at the bottom of the screen - recent solutions was fine on the right side as before.  The screen jump is going to drive me away, or at least, force me to spend less time at a stretch trying to read posts....**edit - THANK YOU Budone and AdBlock Plus...screen jump is much reduced, and manageable!

When I try to log in via My Verizon I am asked to update my profile....it SAYS I can keep logins separate or merge them so I only have one login for both.  I am hesitant to merge at this point....I'll keep them separate.  BUT, when I try to cancel out of the "Update your profile" screen, I can choose Submit or Reset - neither of which "cancels" the process - I can't get out of that screen without closing out of the Verizon site.  My only route to get to the forums now is via my shortcut link to http://community.vzw.com

It may be my internet connection, or the new boards, or a combination of both, but last night it was extremely sluggish and kept timing out when I was trying to post replies and read new posts.

And, speaking of "new posts" - I noticed there are some newly created boards with posts migrated from other boards.  These posts are all showing up as NEW for me, even though I have responded and the most recent post as three months ago!!  And the "most recent post" listing dates are totally scattered, they almost look random.  How can I sort these so the most recently posted to threads show up on top?? (Like most of the other boards seem to do??)

I'm sure I'll have more to say once I am able to read and post in a more efficient way...it takes way too long now, whether due to my connection or the board itself.  We'll see how things go throughout the morning.....

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You are NOT required to use your My Verizon login to access the boards. I was told I could keep my current login.

Although I did set up an account when I could not figure out how to get here Friday.

0 Likes
pmcd1962

budone wrote:

pmcd1962 wrote:

Mine are there

what browser do you use?

0 Likes