Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community forum glitches -
MuchisimoDisappointed

IIf you want to send someone a private message then you have to be following them. But what happens if you accomplish to get them to accept being followed and you still get error messages when trying to send them a private message?  Another problem is it keeps asking me to log in; after doing so it'll kick me out and I'll have relog in again. Using this forum is just as frustrating as the situation that brought me here in the first place. Any suggestions?

thanks.

PS- also I created a screen name which is not showing.  It was only visible for a while after yesterday I exhausted looking for a place where there was a way to choose options. I never found it but it seemed to fix itself. Now again today I don't see the screen name.

0 Likes
Re: Community forum glitches -
Ann154
Expert
Expert

To send a private message to another community member, you need to both follow each other for the option to send a private message (DM) to that user.

There are two ways to login to the forum. One is a community only ID and the other is through your MyVerizon account online. How you registered will determine when method you can login. As far as I know, the community ID and the MyVerizon account login aren't tied together and I don't know if they can be linked.

Your username is displayed to the community members and your name is displayed to you. If you log out of the community or in your community profile you can view how your username and profile is visible to the community members.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MuchisimoDisappointed

Thank you. I would just have to abandon the idea of communicating by private message. This will never be Facebook they need to stop forcing people to do so much in order to build a community. If Facebook worked under the same restrictions it wouldn't be so popular. Most people come here to complain and they're not going to have any followers when they first get here. What is there to do? Post a question? Questions that you post are picked, ignored or abandoned. So it isn't a reliable place to get help either.

Regarding logging in, everyone I come Accross has trouble logging in to their wireless/residential account. I've reset my password numerous times this year. Signing to this community forum only complicated the sign in process. What can it be? That both log in pages look alike and people get confused, why do you need two different log ins? I don't know. Considering the amount of people giving up I've concluded that it's true that It isn't very user friendly.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I only have a community only ID and the login screen for it is quite different from the MyVerizon login.

So you want to allow users to spam other users with private messages the other users might NOT want? I certainly don't. I much prefer the this method over what it used to be. I would regularly be sent private messages asking for assistance with a question that should have been ask in the public forum. Or users would send private message with rude or personal comments which I didn't invite. All of those kinds of users were blocked quickly from sending me those kinds of messages. The Following Method has kept users from the same since the switch to this current forum platform.

A true glitch is this community is the quoting function not working properly 100% of the time. Because it is so intermittent, I don't know if a pattern has ever been found.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MuchisimoDisappointed

For someone new, coming here for the first time (or second or third), the first thing that stands out is the verizon red logo, against the white background. When your password doesn't work and you finally realize you must be in the wrong place the first thing you do is Google verizon community forum. When you then end up in the same place and try it a few more times then you either give up or if you're like me, you'll go into detective mode and try a few more things. What I did next was Google the topic that first brought me to the forums in the first place and once there I clicked log in and yes, I realized they (websites) were different.

That's too much work for the average person.

But even the average person will not have a problem, once established and if they visit a certain forum/website often. Verizon community forums was not an often frequented website for me before I had a specific problem with a promo. It has been posted, answered with a question and abandoned.

People like you probably are more helpful around here than they are.

Thanks.

Ps- to the other response - If a simple PM block works for FACEBOOK.....

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Well this isn't Facebook. Unfortunately what you see here is pretty much what you are going to get at any other forum or community that uses the same forum platform software and there are several of those sites out there.

0 Likes
MuchisimoDisappointed

My point exactly. The help you can expect to get here is from amateurs. The reps who can help cannot keep up with the demand. And as a forum it clearly falls short. At least one thing they do right is providing the convenience to respond to anyone that finds your posts interesting enough to comment. For example, when you comment, a copy is sent to my email (I wonder if that's optional) to which all I have to do is click reply (from the email) and a copy is sent right back as an answer on the thread. If it weren't made simple I wouldn't even bother.

I'm sure somewhere there is a disclaimer alerting people that if they have a pre populated closing (their full name) in their email, they'll have to erase it if they don't want it broadcasted on the forum. Of course I didn't see one, I just figured as much and confirmed it when I saw that my first response using this method had the portion of my name I didn't erase.

Perhaps I'm not a forum type of person.

The problem is that most people Iike me just stumble in here looking for answers when verizon has pissed them off. They're not looking to spend hours learning complicated forum workings and rules.

I figure so far I'm good if I do nothing else but stick to my thread, the one where someone has finally offered help, and come back to it if and when I've exhausted my current offline resources. Let's hope that results in a happy ending.

0 Likes
MuchisimoDisappointed

So I tried to post this at the forum thread:

0 Likes