Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Community main page broken in Chrome
jasnmar

There seems to be something of a problem with the .css files and displaying the main page in Chrome. See the image below for an example. The same page seems fine in internet explorer.

community in chrome.png

0 Likes
Re: Community main page broken in Chrome
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Yes! I wasn't alone is seeing that view. Only I was IE8 on Win7 machine. I do know that IE had been and was running the compatibility view mode when it happened. I was able to fix it by turning off the compatibility view. I believe that I saw this funky view last night or the night before.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jasnmar

Seems to be working for me now in both Chrome and IE???

Ann - Just because I'm seeing it to doesn't mean you aren't crazy. I know I'm crazy Smiley Happy

jason

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
It came up this way for me too, in FF, but then, I've been dealing with a flaky internet and thunder and rain all day, so I figured it was my computer and connection that caused the css disconnect.

It seems to be working OK for now though.
0 Likes
Isadora
Novice

I have seen this but just reload the page and it loads fine. Have you tried reloading? I think sometimes the connection just doesn't get all of the info to display properly. I'll send this up though, just in case there's an issue. Thanks for pointing it out!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I am pretty sure I tried reloading the page a couple of times and even went to a different page (i.e. the ROID section).  No Dice for both options.  The only way I was able to force it to reload properly was to turn off the Compatibility View that IE8 has available.  I checked when I saved these images.  The error occured for me on 02/14/2011 in the evening.  I haven't seen the error again yet, but I did  get some compatibility notices from IE last night.  We will see how tonight goes.

error1.png

error2.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SimonD
Novice

Let us know if this occurs again tonight.

Thanks

SimonD :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
realdeal

Happening for me right now as well as the past 2 days using Chrome version 9.0.597.98.  Have reloaded. rebooted, cleared cache --- no help.  Works in IE and FF though.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
Still getting the non-css version in Chrome (Windows Vista, Chrome 9.0.597.98) Looks normal in IE and FF.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

mine actually did this about a month ago (chrome) so i used IE for a few days and then it did this in IE. i never could fix it, so, for about 2 weeks i could only access the forums from my phone. i tried going to it one day (after giving up after a couple weeks) and all of the sudden it was fine???? never did figure it out?

0 Likes