Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desktop site logs into the mobile site on 7 and 10 tablets?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

In the past few months I have noticed that every time I log into the community from a tablet (7 inch or a 10 inch), the login page loads the mobile site when I originally started with the desktop view. The only way I could prevent it is to set the check box "request desktop site" beforehand. Once I'm logged the desktop view will stay from the bookmark until I report the first post in a thread to the Moderators for review. If I don't have check box for desktop activated before, the report script loads the mobile site instead. This didn't used to happen. For most of the year since the last forum "update" the desktop view would load all the time on the tablets. If I wanted the mobile site, I would be reading the forum from my phone not my tablet. The 10 inch tablet would easily be able to use the desktop view effectively has it has a similar screen size to some of the smaller netbooks and chromebooks available. Yet this site loads the mobile site which is nowhere near as powerful or useful as the desktop view.

Has anyone else seen this behavior on the login switch or reporting posts?

This isn't the first odd thing I have seen occur in the past year. Many of those things still happen on here. It would be nice if some of these things got fixed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Desktop site logs into the mobile site on 7 and 10 tablets?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Ah I see. No one here in the forum site support.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Novice

I have issues as well. I find it difficult to navigate the site on the MyVerizon mobile site. For a while I could get the desktop view, but it always switched to mobile for the comment threads. That was ok, but I had to log in too often as I navigated the site. I tried to log on on the Community Forum log in, but it did not take my password I use on MyVerizon. Not sure what to do next.

0 Likes
gudguy1a

Yep, A BUNCH OF CRAP!!!!

They are forcing us to "THE COMMUNITY" in the hopes that someone in "THE COMMUNITY" is smart enough to have figured out a BLINKIN' ANSWER INSTEAD OF HIRING AND TRAINING THEIR OWN FRIGGIN' SUPPORT STAFF!!!!!!!!!

As Ann154 indicated - NO FRICKIN' SUPPORT here!!!!!!

Apparently they are willing to force all these damn changes on us and have us figure them out.

No one here (including me) apparently wants any of these new MOBILE 'hybrid' apps on our desktops and/or tablets - BUT WE SEEMINGLY HAVE NO CHOICE except to switch carriers.

This is why I have not renewed my multi-phone contract because my intent very soon is to bail for Sprint or T-Mobile - their coverage "IS GOOD ENOUGH" for us to use.

First, Verizon Fios forces this recent USER INTERFACE on us with the crappy colors that MANY people actually do believe is horrible. --- And next, they push this MOBILE interface on ALL OF US as if we ARE ALL DOPPIE teenagers without a full brain.

This kind of activity causes even more attrition, more folks leaving their subscriber base - what a waste.

0 Likes
gudguy1a

Oh, one more thing.

Go to Verizon or Verizon Wireless facebook and post there.  If enough of us do that, maybe they will respond to us and maybe even fix the damn problem / lack of user friendliness (as in no choices indicated) / lack of support

0 Likes