Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do NOT pay for Asurion Insurance on your i-phone!
seriously___2

The Apple Store will replace your damaged i-phone for about $229.  Call 1-800-MY APPLE to confirm exact details. Asurion will charge you $170 to replace a damaged i-phone 5  BUT!!!! That $170 is in addition to the $10 per month you have been paying for the insurance.  Thus, if you had your phone for 18-months and you file a claim with Asurion, you're actually gonna pay $170(deductible) + the monthly payment you have made for the last 18 months ($180)  so in total you will end up paying $350 to replace your phone, when you could have just gone to the Apple Store and paid their $229 replacement fee. 

~I am only posting this because I've been trying to submit a claim thru Asurion, all day, only to find out that I can not use my insurance. When I purchased my i-phone in December 2013, at the Verizon store in Glendora, CA...I signed the receipt, which clearly stated that I wanted insurance.  Unfortunately, for me, the Verizon associate that helped me, forgot to complete the process to activate my insurance... sooooo apparently my phone wasn't insured.  Asurion says I have to talk to Verizon, because Verizon is supposed to process an "in-house" claim to replace my iphone...I'm tired of getting the "run-around"............ I'm gonna go straight to the Apple Store and order my replacement ASAP!