Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don't understand "places" am blocked from posting blog
coralatlas

A "place" is required to publish or save a blog draft  - but I can't find any places that aren't blocked to me - indicated by a minus sign & grayed out

hmmm this provided a drop down list of places and I was able to enter one in the "place" field which allowed this post to go thru -  the system is really buggy from what I'm seeing

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Don't understand "places" am blocked from posting blog
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You can create a discussion instead like you did to make this post. Discussions act in a similar manner to blog posts. Blog post are actually really hard to track and find even in the areas where it is allowed on this community. As comments on added to blog posts it doesn't push the blog to the top of the recent discussions for that particular space where it is saved on the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
coralatlas

The likelihood of my reply above being read by anyone other then myself is zero - sorry for the spelling errors they apparently didn't provide an edit function - perhaps that cost too much  - but it's indicative of some of the shoddy work that Verizon produces to make more profit by saving money.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

There is an edit option for posts. It is under the Actions link at the bottom left the post you created. Unfortunately it is set at 5 minutes from creation until it is "locked" from editing by the author. The discussion of why it is set at that time frame is further down in the Suggestions for this community space. As for the format of the community and the various spaces, the forum platform software used for this community is also used by hundreds if not thousands of other discussion forums around the world. Each of those sites have customized the base software to better tailor it to the specific sites target users and other things. The basics are generally the same for the other forum software in use around the world. Odds are, one of those other blogs sites use the same software or a similar software to maintain the discussion board.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
brzlyncolmbyn

OP, I agree, there are definitely a lot of bugs on here, despite how advanced and nice the site is.

0 Likes