Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Editing posts
gmopro1
Novice

Can you add the ability to edit posts?  Sometimes it would be nice to go back and edit what I posted for clarity or correcting something.  There is no way to do it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Editing posts
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

There is a five-minute window after a post is left during which edits can be made.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

There is a five-minute window after a post is left during which edits can be made.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Novice

Ok, thanks. Wasnt aware of that. Every time i wanted to edit, it mustve been after 5 minute period.  There should be an option to add to it ..after that small 5 min. window.  I just use the reply button for that.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Any longer than five minutes, then the poster could completely changed the context of the post and could change the meaning of the entire discussion. Even worse, would be the ability to delete the post and therefore delete every single reply to the deleted post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Novice

Makes sense.  It could save original post and let you add underneath it in the same box and show the date you make those adds. Since that is not available, we can just use the reply button and add/update that way.

0 Likes
gmopro1
Novice

Also, i noticed that there is no 5 minute time to edit for replies. Once you submit those, they are there and cant be edited even seconds afterwards.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You can edit from the Actions dropdown in the full page view, but not from the Inbox view.  If you are viewing messages in Inbox, click the title, which is a link, and it will open into a full page view.

tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Also, edits are only available in desktop mode (not the mobile version of the forum).

gmopro1
Novice

Thanks. yes, i was on desktop, but i was in the inbox..not the full page.