Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Excessive Data Charges Unsolicited
actbenz

For the first six months of 2013 I used the five spot for WIFI internet service with a basic usage of 3GB. In July we were switched to the JetPack and our data usage immediately doubled to 6Plus GB. After going thru 4 devices Verizon agreed to give me the Home Fusion antenna. Since Sept. my data usage has doubled again to 12plus GB. During this time I have not changed how I use the internet. In one month I had 4.2GB charges during the hours of midnight and 8AM during which time I am sleeping. Then there are random data charges during the day like 9:18AM and 9:18PM. This will go on for several days and then the pattern will change. During these undefined data charges I will receive between 250-350MB. I have spent several hours on the phone with tech support to identify the source of these charges so I might establish a firewall or block the charges. No way. Tech support says they cannot tell me the source due to privacy issues. Am I screwed? I have filed a complaint with the FCC and let Verizon know  in writing that I will not accept charges that I cannot control and therefore put a hold on the bills. Maybe someone can help. I see several postings with the same problems so maybe we need to unite. Let me know your thoughts and commitment to resolving overage charges in data and your bill.

0 Likes
Re: Excessive Data Charges Unsolicited
randybain

i was just trying to figure out how to write my anger down in this medium myself. We have to use a hotspot in this area for our internet needs and my wife works 50 hours or more a week on hers. We've been hanging right around 10 gigs for seven months now, even the alerts are always on the money. 50% used in half the month, 75% right at 23 days. We've just accepted that we live in a hole and we're going to use 10 gigs...........

WELL!!! I get my 50% usage alert today (5.7 gigs to be exact) and the break down only has seven days of service, yeah that's what I thought. Anyway I need to find out what type of internetting or downloading or facebooking or what used two and half gigs at one sitting of about an hour. I'm ****** and gonna get me some answers

0 Likes
actbenz

Yes I'll reply to your disgust with the unsolicited data usage. I was using the "Five-Spot" internet connection until June 2013 using around 3GB at 3G speed. Then Verizon switched us to 4G speed with the "JetPack"  and our usage jumped to 6Plus GB. Due to the inferior quality of the device( Four) in Sept Verizon switched us to  the Home Fusion. At this point our usage has jumped to 12 Plus GB. You are not alone there are many customers that have filed complaints with no fix. I have been on the phone and Tech Support several times and am told these are all valid charges. YA. Verizon will not tell me where they are coming from so I may block/delete or in any way control the flow. Under the Consumer Protection Act I have filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office for the State of Ohio and I have filed a complaint with The FCC. Lets all band as one in this fight against the Ghost Usage charges that Verizon is getting paid for.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Good luck getting an official response from the VZW reps here. As you have chosen a blog post to covey your thoughts, you have also guaranteed they will never see it. The reps only see and respond to discussions marked as unanswered questions. Same goes for the majority of the community members who are customers just like you. The space in which you created this blog post is very infrequently visited by the members of the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
actbenz

Thank you for your insight. This is why I choose to file my complaint to the Attorney General and the FCC. These complaint s go directly to the senior management of Verizon and require a response within a defined period of time. You can read all the other blogs in Verizon and for sure realize there is something wrong and corrections are in order.

0 Likes