Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scream

I spent a full hour attempting to navigate your arcane and incredibly user-unfriendly registration process!  After finally completing registration (...it was after midnite at this point!), i went to the time and trouble to post a message.  It's been 24 hours...where's the post??!!  Your website indicates it wasn't even sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Come on, guys.  You're in the communications business - get it together!  My concern stems from (what was subsequently explained to me as) "pre-planned maintenance."  It occurred late last night.  You knew it would be occurring...but you made no effort to alert Verizon customers (...there i go again with that "pesky" old word customer).  That alert could have been accomplished with a text to affected customers.  As I tested various phone numbers to see if i could reach anyone, the response was always the same..."message failed - try again."  Finally, I called 911, concluding that it, at the very least, would be functioning.  Nope!   Suppose I was in a car crash and needed to use my cell to summomn help.  Or perhaps I was in some other situation where my personal safety was threatened...and I needed to call 911.  If that were an actual scenario, my next move (once I was safe) would be to retain an attorney and file a civil suit against Verizon.

Put the "bells and whistles" aside, guys.  This is a concern that transcends market share.  It's called public safety

You failed to print the post that i sent last night.  Let's hope you have the moral fortitude to post this one...

Consider me a disappointed customer."

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Looks like it worked.

0 Likes
Pyre
Novice

You're contemplating a law suit because you couldn't make a phone call? What happens if they get your order wrong at IHOP? [Please keep it clean - Thanks!] in the cash register?

0 Likes
scream

The very fact that YELP! had to censor your reply makes it clear that it's not worthy of further response...

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Novice

good luck in small claims court

verizon doesn't guarantee 100% service in a month. People smarter than you wrote their policy, you're not going to be able to get some free money off your bill over this.. sorry

0 Likes
scream

Go back and re-read my post.  This was never about a "...Verizon guarantee of 100% service in a month."  It was about providing a local text alert to users who would be impacted by Verizon's "pre-planned maintenance."   Implementing such a policy would benefit all Verizon customers.  Hopefully there are people at Verizon smarter than you who read my post, and who will give it the serious consideration it deserves.  BTW, civil suits (such as the one I made figuative reference to) are not filed in Small Claims Court. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader
Here's the problem... How do they know who and when will be in an area that is going to be affected? Basically they have to spam everyone including those who are not affected... One other thing you may have opted out of receiving text messages from Verizon. What about those people? Possibly they may have sent you something with your bill or possibly in a different letter which wasn't read by you or you also opted out of. Also how do you know it was a pre-planned? Some lowly CSR may have told you that because it was easier telling you that to get you off the phone than to tell you exactly what really happened. I mean there's a lot of scenarios that comes up.
0 Likes
scream

You raise some valid points.  However, I believe the answer to this problem is merely waiting to be discovered.  As Scully and Mulder from The X Files might remind us, "The truth (or in this case, the solution) is out there."  My message to Verizon at this point would be to paraphrase their be-spectacled TV spokesman:  Can you hear me now?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

scream wrote:

You raise some valid points.  However, I believe the answer to this problem is merely waiting to be discovered.  As Scully and Mulder from The X Files might remind us, "The truth (or in this case, the solution) is out there."  My message to Verizon at this point would be to paraphrase their be-spectacled TV spokesman:  Can you hear me now?

There's a lot to it, but I don't think they'll NEVER meet that expectation. It's honestly unrealistic as there are so many factors.  The solution may be out there, but people are complaining about pricing and if they find some sort of solution it'll affect how much we pay out of our pockets to compensate.  Then we'd get even larger complaints about pricing even if it was $1-2 more than what it is now.

0 Likes
Pyre
Novice

scream wrote:

Gettin' the sense that you're not a big fan of reality. Oh well. Whether you believe me "worthy" of a reply or not, the fact is Verizon isn't obligated to provide you with any ability to make any call or receive any message at any time. Read you contract. The fact is you can hire all the lawyers you want. The best you'll be able to get is an arbitration. Read your contract.

This is not a a battle you're going to win. My recommedation? Let it go.

0 Likes