Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
False Advertising Complaint
Speedking

I’m sending a complaint to the Attorney General as well as the FCC over blatant false advertising by Verizon Wireless.  As a loyal Verizon customer for 13 years, my plan is “grandfathered” with both unlimited calling and unlimited data.

Recently, I received a U.S. Postal and an email offer to upgrade my phone by renewing my existing contract for two years.  Unfortunately, Verizon is refusing to honor their advertised offers saying that I need to change my contract.

Other than renewing my existing contract, nothing in the advertised offers mentions the need to change my plan. Verizon is refusing to let me keep my unlimited data plan.

It’s not legal for Verizon to advertise a promotion and then refuse to sell it to me.  This is clearly false advertising, plain and simple. 

0 Likes
Re: False Advertising Complaint
ttipgem

Sorry, but it sounds more like you are not willing to comply with the terms of the upgrade.  Does it say anywhere in the advertisement that existing users will be able to keep their existing plan?

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

New subsidized phone with a two year contract equals new terms which doesn't include the option for unlimited data.

FYI since you choose a blog post for your post, there absolutely no chance that an employee in their social media team of responding to your message on this public forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Speedking

I'm happy to comply with the terms of the upgrade which requires a 2-year

"renewal". Yes, renewal - the act of extending the period of time when

something is effective or valid.

It says absolutely nothing about needing to change to a different plan. I

would imagine the Attorney General and the FCC can comprehend the difference

between "renewal" and "change".

0 Likes
Speedking

The advertised promotional upgrade states, "All devices require 2-year

renewal." It says absolutely nothing about needing to change to a different

plan (either phone or data).

Do you have a suggestion on where to send or post this at Verizon?

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Speedking wrote:

The advertised promotional upgrade states, "All devices require 2-year

renewal."  It says absolutely nothing about needing to change to a different

plan (either phone or data). 

Do you have a suggestion on where to send or post this at Verizon?

Well not in the space dedicated to questions or suggestions about the forum itself. And certainly not choosing a blog post. Take a look around the community and figure out how it is organized and what types of posts are created by the majority of the other customers on here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes