Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Favicon
kevinhyatt

There's no favicon for these forums :smileyindifferent:

0 Likes
Re: Favicon
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP
And what exactly is "favicon" or the meaning of the word?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Ann154 wrote:
And what exactly is "favicon" or the meaning of the word?

There will be at test later this evening. :smileyvery-happy:

Favicon

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP
Ahh... I never knew that thing had a name or for that really paid much attention to whether or not websites had them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Ann154 wrote:
Ahh... I never knew that thing had a name or for that really paid much attention to whether or not websites had them.

What is it??? I did not read it!   hahahahaha

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Okay, I can't tell if you are joking or not.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Ann154 wrote:

Okay, I can't tell if you are joking or not.

Meeeeeeeeeeee???? With this face    :smileyhappy:   Would I joke with you????

0 Likes
Isadora
Novice

Hi kevinhyatt!

This would be a really neat addition to the site:smileyhappy: I'll make sure to send your idea on.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

As quoted from the link  "A favicon (short for favorites icon), also known as a shortcut icon, website icon, URL icon, or bookmark icon is a file containing one or more small icons, most commonly 16x16 pixels, associated with a particular website or webpage."

In looking at what Verizon has for their icon, there seems to be two floating around the website.  Not every page seems to even have one.  It would be nice if the display of the icon was consistant throughout the website.  Images from IE8 on Win7.

vzw-favicon.png

What I see at the login page.

vzw-favicon1.png

The main Verizon Wireless home page.

vzw-wo favicon.png

The rest of the time while I am in the forum.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Ann154 wrote:

As quoted from the link  "A favicon (short for favorites icon), also known as a shortcut icon, website icon, URL icon, or bookmark icon is a file containing one or more small icons, most commonly 16x16 pixels, associated with a particular website or webpage."

In looking at what Verizon has for their icon, there seems to be two floating around the website.  Not every page seems to even have one.  It would be nice if the display of the icon was consistant throughout the website.  Images from IE8 on Win7.

vzw-favicon.png

What I see at the login page.

vzw-favicon1.png

The main Verizon Wireless home page.

vzw-wo favicon.png

The rest of the time while I am in the forum.

I don't use IE. I have seen those on others systems!!!

0 Likes