Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Featured Member Removal
jav6
Champion

How does a 'Featured Member' get themself removed from being 'Featured' on the Welcome Page?  I have not found a way nor been able to get an agent to provide a way.  I get messages asking for help which should be threads on the Forum.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Featured Member Removal
NilsaF_VZW
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jav6 

As requested, your Featured Member role has been removed.

Please let me know if you need anything further. 

Nilsa 

Nilsa
Community Manager

View solution in original post

Ann154
Super User
Super User

That Featured member post has been up for a while now.

As for the private messages, I have written a reply that I copy and paste from the last message which I use to reply to each user who has sent me a private message instead of posting their question in the public community forum. If they choose to eventually post their question in the forum, that's up to them. After sending my "standard" wording, I block them from sending me a private message again. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion

@Ann154 wrote:

That Featured member post has been up for a while now.

And I CANNOT get it removed.  Is there a VZW agent/Forum Moderator out there seeing this that can respond and/or escalate this?  I would like to be REMOVED from this display!  It's been up long enough and I would like to slide back into relative obscurity and be able to post more freely.

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

@laurend_vzw or @NilsaF_VZW 

Can you please remove the Featured member highlight post from the homepage of the community?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion

@Ann154 wrote:

@laurend_vzw or @NilsaF_VZW 

Can you please remove the Featured member highlight post from the homepage of the community?

On February 9th, 2021, I received a response from a Private Message I sent to laurend_vzw about this issue, that she could not help and 'was no longer with Verizon, being let go after 11 years'.

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

@jav6 

I wasn't aware of that and their username hasn't been updated to emeritus status to indicate they were no longer with the company. 

0 Likes
NilsaF_VZW
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jav6 

Nilsa 

Nilsa
Community Manager

jav6
Champion

@NilsaF_VZW wrote:

@jav6 

Nilsa 

I just logged in and it is STILL THERE!

FeaturedMember.jpg

0 Likes
jav6
Champion

Just got home, signed in and the Featured Member notice is GONE.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Woo Hoo! 

0 Likes