Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Find out how to ask a question by searching how to ask a question?
KDVIEWS

I spent 20 minutes on the questions page looking for how to ask one. I finally used the search feature to search for how to ask a question. There was a post there with a link to here. But there was nothing explaining how you can do it while on the questions page. I'm not the only person asking either.

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Find out how to ask a question by searching how to ask a question?
KDVIEWS

I finally get it. From the community home page I was selecting "questions", which takes you to a page of the current posts with no option for asking questions. So from the community home page, it's first to "topics", select the appropriate one, and the ask a question option appears. Don't select question if you want to ask one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

You navigate to the topic space that fits your question. At the top of the page or on the side there is a link to "Ask a question" or "Start a Discussion". When you click on that link, you are sent to create post dialog box where you can type your subject line and in the body of the post write your question and/or issues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

KDVIEWS

I finally get it. From the community home page I was selecting "questions", which takes you to a page of the current posts with no option for asking questions. So from the community home page, it's first to "topics", select the appropriate one, and the ask a question option appears. Don't select question if you want to ask one.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Browsing through the existing questions might also be helpful if you find one or more that describes your issue and you can use the guidance there to help you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

KDViews, glad to hear your were able to figure this out. I apologize for any confusion this has caused and feel free to reach out to us if you have additional questions or visit our support page. http://vz.to/1s96X1K

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

qed123

I would like to second how absolutely unintuitive this question thing is.  It seems like a great idea and I see lots of good questions being asked.  But it is a little unnerving how to search for, as the OP said, search for how to ask a question. 

I know it's probably a point of pride that your website here is really intuitive, and I mean no disrespect.

0 Likes
qed123

Ok.  I read the helpful advice above, and I felt ready to go click on a topic, and I see it says there is a clear link that says "ask a question."  I may be a complete dummy, and I won't deny, and I have straight up note that your website is making me feel, like a complete dumb person.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
qed123

Sorry, I realize I am not being helpful.  I am typing like a really bad typist, and I am getting a little worked up and saying some stuff I don't feel proud to throw out there.  I notice sometimes I start typing phonetically, which is a little disturbing.  I will figure this out, and again, I am sorry for not being helpful here.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Novice

Thank you so much...This site is so confusing.  They shouldn't make it that difficult to ask a question!!!

0 Likes