Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Firefox 4.0
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

I have been using Firefox for a while, and the only way I can log in is using IE.  Is there something that is in firefox that will not allow me to log in?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Firefox 4.0
MojaveMoon_

Tidbits wrote:

I have been using Firefox for a while, and the only way I can log in is using IE.  Is there something that is in firefox that will not allow me to log in?

If you're using the NoScript extension for Firefox, then you might need to apply this:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Forum-Feedback-and-Suggestions/How-to-sign-in-to-the-forum-using-Firefox...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cathy298
Novice

I'm using it with no problems. Try clearing your cache and see if that helps. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
Hi Tidbits -
Welcome to the club. Lately, if I log in to my account via MyVerizon, I get a forbidden or banned message when I try to go to the forum. I can log in with IE just fine, as long as I don't go to the Verizon site first....I have to go directly to the forum via my shortcut.

I did have two log ins to the boards (another long story) and the second one was banned because you can only have one....it seems when I log in to MyVerizon, it's linked to the second, BANNED log in so I can't get to the boards once I log in to MyVerizon. They are "working on a resolution" for me...and hopefully everyone else who is having this issue.

Clearing my cache didn't help - there is something set in the cookies or sessions and if I go in and delete all my Verizon related cookies I can get in again....at least until I log in to MyVerizon.
0 Likes
MojaveMoon_

Tidbits wrote:

If you're using the NoScript extension for Firefox, then you might need to apply this:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Forum-Feedback-and-Suggestions/How-to-sign-in-to-the-forum-using-Firefox...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

that's a no go here :smileysad:

0 Likes
Isadora
Novice

I've had some problems with Firefox and like to use Chrome and sometimes Safari or Opera. Have you tried any of those? Check your extensions in Firefox, if you have any installed. Sometimes they can cause conflicts. Maybe try disabling them one by one just to see if any are affecting your login. 

:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Thanks for the help folks still no go.

Currently the only addons I have is adblock, foxtophone, scriptblocker.  disabled them all and I still can't log in.  I am guessing it may be because I am using a beta firefox instead of the older one.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Ok i got it completely figured out.  It's the cross contamination options.  It auto-blocks it because it's a reroute.  :smileyhappy: Got it working by removing it, but I think I need to figure out the exception and then reactivate it.

0 Likes
Isadora
Novice

Glad to hear you got it working!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

thanks and thank you all for helping me troubleshoot :smileyhappy:

0 Likes