Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Forum Suggestion - Kill the Twitter Stream
jmcohen23
Member

not sure why VZ thought to include a twitter stream on this site, but it is the worst idea ever. 

 

A.) all it does is make the page load slower

B.) nobody gives a hoot about the tweets

 

I understand that VZ wants to be on the cutting edge of technology, but this is not how to show it.

 

if VZ is really insistent on having this annoyance, then perhaps the twitter stream should default to disable, and will only be enable when the user (all 4 of them) enable it.

0 Likes
Re: Forum Suggestion - Kill the Twitter Stream
Justin
Novice

Just go into:

 

My Settings ==> Social Connect

 

and turn the Twitter feed off.

 

__________________________________
Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
QIP6416-P1, IMG 1.7.1, Build 09.97
Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: Forum Suggestion - Kill the Twitter Stream
jmcohen23
Member

Justin wrote:

Just go into:

 

My Settings ==> Social Connect

 

and turn the Twitter feed off.

 

__________________________________
Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
QIP6416-P1, IMG 1.7.1, Build 09.97
Keller, TX 76248


yes, but that only works when you are signed in.  given that the forums automatically log you out so rapidly, I usually have to log back in just to turn it off.  I understand the security, but given this is the only forum that I belong where I my username/password are not stored.

0 Likes
Re: Forum Suggestion - Kill the Twitter Stream
Justin
Novice

 


jmcohen23 wrote:
yes, but that only works when you are signed in.  given that the forums automatically log you out so rapidly, I usually have to log back in just to turn it off.  I understand the security, but given this is the only forum that I belong where I my username/password are not stored.

Now you have me really confused :smileyvery-happy:

 

Why do you care if the Twitter feed is active when you are not logged in? When I come to the Verizon forums, I immediately log in and do whatever I am going to do while logged in. You don't?

 

What do you mean "I usually have to log back in just to turn it off"? Once set the Twitter setting stays forever until you change it (at least it does for me).

 

Are you really getting logged off that soon? Once I log in I stay logged in for about 2 hours with no activity. For a long time yes, the site would log you out due to inactivity pretty quickly, but that was changed quite a while ago (Sept. 2009), and as far as I know there are no settings that affect this and it applies to all members who log in (or not? can an Admin clarify this?).

 

Now, some of us have been begging for auto-login for a long, long time, so far no action. But we keep hoping.....

 

__________________________________
Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
QIP6416-P1, IMG 1.7.1, Build 09.97
Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: Forum Suggestion - Kill the Twitter Stream
jmcohen23
Member

Justin wrote:

 


jmcohen23 wrote:
yes, but that only works when you are signed in.  given that the forums automatically log you out so rapidly, I usually have to log back in just to turn it off.  I understand the security, but given this is the only forum that I belong where I my username/password are not stored.

Now you have me really confused :smileyvery-happy:

 

Why do you care if the Twitter feed is active when you are not logged in? When I come to the Verizon forums, I immediately log in and do whatever I am going to do while logged in. You don't?

 

What do you mean "I usually have to log back in just to turn it off"? Once set the Twitter setting stays forever until you change it (at least it does for me).

 

Are you really getting logged off that soon? Once I log in I stay logged in for about 2 hours with no activity. For a long time yes, the site would log you out due to inactivity pretty quickly, but that was changed quite a while ago (Sept. 2009), and as far as I know there are no settings that affect this and it applies to all members who log in (or not? can an Admin clarify this?).

 

Now, some of us have been begging for auto-login for a long, long time, so far no action. But we keep hoping.....

 

__________________________________
Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
QIP6416-P1, IMG 1.7.1, Build 09.97
Keller, TX 76248


nope, I do not log in unless I plan on leaving comments.

 

if I am not logged in, and visit the website, the twitter feed is set to enabled.  however, once I log in - which takes awhile since I need to wait for the page to load (mind you I am using FIOS internet), then the twitter feed is disabled.

 

as I would imagine with most customers that use this forum, I do not have time to stay logged in all day to this website - I'm lucky if I have time to hit once a day or every other day.

 

the auto-login would certainly resolve this...

0 Likes