Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Forum inactivity timeout change?
jav6
Leader

Has anybody else noticed that when logged into the Forum, it is not timing out after a few minutes of inactivity and logging us out?  This changed in the last couple days, at least for me.  It used to automatically log me out within 5 or so minutes of inactivity which was annoying.  Now it appears the inactivity timer is more like an hour or more, but I haven't tried to troubleshoot to determine the limit or if it is browser related.  It would be nice to know if it was something in the Forum server software/settings that changed, may be related to my Edge browser update or even a Windows/Security update.  Not complaining though, as it is nice to stay logged in and receive notifications without having to re-log in just to check. 

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Forum inactivity timeout change?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jav6

How are you logging into the community forum? Are you using your MyVerizon credentials or the community only ID login?

I suspect that it might have been a forum change to allow users to participate longer in the community forum without having to login again to reply after reading multiple posts on the community. That is just a guess.

@NilsaF_VZW

Can you please look into this? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

@Ann154 wrote:

@jav6

How are you logging into the community forum? Are you using your MyVerizon credentials or the community only ID login?

Using my account credentials, My Verizon profile login and not my phone number. I could use my phone number, but don't.  Same login process as prior to the noticed timeout change.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

I use edge browser on my android phone and log in as my Verizon member.  Every time I close the browser and come back later I have to log in.  Always been like that for me.  Mary

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

@acraftylady2 wrote:

I use edge browser on my android phone and log in as my Verizon member.  Every time I close the browser and come back later I have to log in.  Always been like that for me.  Mary

I use the Edge browser on my Win10 desktop and leave the browser open.  So far today Its been holding, signed in for 2 hrs inactive, then active and inactive for 2 1/2 hrs and still logged in. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jav6 wrote:

@Ann154 wrote:

@jav6

Using my account credentials, My Verizon profile login and not my phone number. I could use my phone number, but don't.  Same login process as prior to the noticed timeout change.

That's what I was wondering if you were using. I have a community only ID login and it will take days before I'm kicked off and usually I have 12 or 24 hours of inactivity before it will automatically log me out. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

Well, my login status has been holding for more that 16 hrs now of inactivity.  Something definitely changed.

0 Likes