Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HORRIBLE customer service x's 2!!!!!!!!
Nickie1221

I have been in a month to month on my phone plan with Verizon for about 6 months now and am long overdue for an upgrade. Within those 6 months I have gone into the Verizon Wireless store located in Austin, TX at 380 and 183 by Sam's Club not once, but TWICE trying to upgrade my phone. Upon being let down by Verizon customer service more than once, here I am with no outlet to file an official complaint with my atrocious customer service experience (or lack thereof I should say) with this store.

Call me an optimist, but today I gave this store a second chance. BIG mistake.

The first time I went into this said store to upgrade my phone (to the new iPhone 5S), I signed in as directed and waited and waited and waited and waited. They said the wait was a mere 15-20 minutes, so I patiently waited. One associate came up to me while I was waiting and asked if I had signed in, which I replied with, "yes". I saw people that had come in before me get helped and leave, and people that had come in after me receive help and leave. Yet during this process, I remain without help yet. Trying to follow up with a customer service "representative" that was in the store was impossible. Clearly seeing I was getting angry, they conveniently ran to the back or pretended they could not assist me. After 45 minutes and plenty of frustration, I left, without being helped ONCE and without a new phone.

About a month later, I tried what I thought was a more "efficient" approach to make this process more streamlined. I went online, and signed up for an appointment slot from 3-3:30PM for this store and was disappointed because I had to wait over an hour until my appointment time but did it anyway. Arriving in the store today at my appointment time I had been long waiting for, I receive a cold reply from an associate in the store with, "Do you need to sign in?", where I replied with, "No, I had already made an appointment online." She then came back with, "well you still have to sign in here and we have to help all these people already on the list." So I said, "Well what's the point in pre-making an appointment online?" She had no answer and turned and walked away. That was the final straw with me. If all Verizon stores are like this, I am done. I am so thankful I am in a month to month with Verizon because that gives me a way out which I will begin diligently looking for after these experiences. So instead of a nice new iPhone 5S through Verizon which I have tried countless times to get, I will now be shopping for another phone carrier. If this is Verizon's customer service standards, I am done. This is well below acceptable for what customers have to experience and if I could also shoot an email to someone that matters in the company I would do so happily!

On another note, has anyone lived in Lubbock, Texas? Since Verizon is out as a cell phone carrier, does AT&T work well out there?

Thanks for reading and have a safe and happy new years!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: HORRIBLE customer service x's 2!!!!!!!!
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You may have better luck getting the attention of the community members if you had created a new discussion in a different space of the forum instead of a blog post in the space dedicated to questions about the community forum itself.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Nickie1221

Thank you, I will try that outlet! Being new to the verizon "community" I picked the one that made the most sense. Thank you for your direction!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Auts

Unfortunately I have never had good experience with Verizon stores  and in more than one state. There is a way to complain by snail mailing corporate. Is anyone else being inundated with solicitation calls and scams in spite of being on the DNC? Seems to be getting worse. We use family base and are having to block more and more numbers than ever before. If it continues we have ONE phone that is under contract...the customer service with Verizon is spotty at best. Good luck in the other forum.

Do NOT let those that work in stores tell you they do NOT work on commission because they do. I outright asked that of a salesperson in a Verizon store and was told " no I do not make commision. Yet another lie. Calling customer service is a better way to go however depending on the call center you get your customer service experience will be " iffy" . Some call centers are MUCH better than others. Such a shame since we have been with verizon for so long.

. We too are about fed up with Verizon and shopping around for another carrier. I know many people in Texas who do NOT use Verizon btw and get excellent reception and service. Best wishes. !

0 Likes