Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD ON THIS FORUM? HOW DO I STAY LOGGED IN?
Richs10

Come on, Verizon....it's 2011!

I've looked high and low on this forum, ran searches, read old posts, and yet it seems there is no way to change your password to this forum other than "forgetting" your old password. (and some people have had problems with that method since their computer remembers the old one).  

Another thing:  Why do I have to sign in EVERY TIME I come to this forum.  Most of the twelve billion other forums on the web allow you the option to stay signed-in if I like.  Not this one.  It's a real PITB.  And ridiculous for such a 'high-tech' organization.

If I'm wrong, please tell me.  I'd love to hear it!

Rich

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD ON THIS FORUM? HOW DO I STAY LOGGED IN?
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

This is a customer to customer site.

However to change your password, at the login screen choose the option, "Forgot Password next to Sign in Button".

If you are inactive with the site (I do not know how long) you will be automatically logged off. I have found if I leave, I use my history list to come back and in many cases I will not have to re-logon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Richs10

HELLO???

I posted this 2 days ago, but no response.  

Is this area of the forum monitored?

Did I post in the wrong area?

Thanks,

Rich

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

This is a customer to customer site.

However to change your password, at the login screen choose the option, "Forgot Password next to Sign in Button".

If you are inactive with the site (I do not know how long) you will be automatically logged off. I have found if I leave, I use my history list to come back and in many cases I will not have to re-logon.

0 Likes
Richs10

Thanks budone.

Not sure what a customer to customer site means.  I see VZN people come into threads all the time.  I'll try the 'forgot password' method but it does seem like a silly way to achieve something you can do directly on almost every other site I've ever been on.  

Guess I'll mark this one 'solved' after the next site redesign.  :smileyhappy:

Rich

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Basically it means the majority of the help you will get will be from other customers. VZW calls it a Peer to Peer site.

Well since this is powered by Lithium, I would not hold your breath to place that SOLVED tag!!!!

The reps are on here, but I do know it seems they may get to your message a couple days later. So I through out an option

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

budone wrote:

The reps are on here, but I do know it seems they may get to your message a couple days later. So I through out an option

Yep -and that's purposely.  Budone, remember when the reps first started posting on here - we all "complained" that they were taking issues to PM with users, so no one was getting answers except the original poster.  It seem sI read that the reps now wait several days before jumping in to the discussion to give the "community" a chance to respond first.  If no response, or incorrect responses are happening, then an official rep will join in.  Sometimes they'll even chime in to confirm a correct answer....

But to the OP, it is primarily customers helping other customers, and if someone can help, they will.

Like budone said, what you are asking about is more a function of the Lithium forum software than Verizon per se; I'm sure there are options in the backend but it means someone has to know how to customize the backend...  :smileyhappy:  As far as changing the password, yes, it does seem kind of backwards to have to say you forgot it just to change it....but that's how it goes.  At one point I found it necessary to change mine and that was the only way I could get it done.

The time out happens after several hours; it works well enough for me to stay logged in most of the day; and I just log back in each morning.  Not a big deal.

0 Likes
Richs10

I just noticed that this thread has been marked as "Solved".  Since I was the original poster, I want to note that I did not mark these issues as "Solved".   I'm new to this forum, but was under the impression that only the OP could do that.  

So far, we have learned that you must forget your password to get a new one.  No solution has been offered for staying "signed in" to the forum (like I am able to do on almost all other forum sites I frequent).

Just wanted to make this clear to avoid any confusion.

Rich

0 Likes
Richs10

BTW,

The inability to stay signed in on the forum is not the 'end of the world' for me.  

It's just a minor inconvenience every time I come to the site.  Staying signed in would be a nice feature, IMO!

Rich

0 Likes