Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How can I change my community login method?
Phil-Lloyd

I would like to change my community login method.

Only one web page for verizon has ever been able to store my phone number so that i'm able to sign in without typing it every time.

No other page even offers (has the "check  box") to save my phone number ("remember me")..

I made the mistake of using my phone number and main verizon password to register in the forums, thinking the "remember me" would not carry over to the community.

I have had the problem using 5 different computers with various browsers over the past 10 years or so and didn't much care.

As far as I was concerned it was good that no computer did SEEM to store my login.

I still don't ...EXCEPT for the 'Community" section, which i recently joined.

If i navigate from an email notification i always have to type in my phone number to log in.

If I close the Community page I was viewing, i have to login again.

I suppose i can use a different email address and create a new account, but i am wondering if there is a way to STOP using my Verizon login and instead change to Community login method, in hopes it will offer to remember me and that it will actually work.

On the Community login page, i see the option to login using my community username.

I can enter my Community user name, but the password i use to login to Verizon using my phone number will not work, and I can find no way to enter a community password once i am logged in and go to my settings. Of course i never created a different password, but the accounts are linked. I assume so far that even if i reset my Verizon password it will still not apply to the community login.

I'd like to do this mainly so i can go directly to the community by clicking links in email or by using shortcuts I save to "places".

Is it even possible?

0 Likes
Re: How can I change my community login method?
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Only an administrator can change it. Maybe one of them will see your post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes