Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
How may I gain access to my community account?
sicky

Hello,

I hope this is the correct subforum to post on, if wrong, I apologize.
I made an account through Verizon Wireless a few hours ago where the page does not require a password: https://community.verizonwireless.com/new-verizon-user!input.jspa It only required First name, Last name, Screen name, and Email address. As a result, I cannot log in after I log out. When I try to reset my password, I received the following in my email:

We have received a request from [I.P. Address] to reset your password. If you have requested to reset your password, please follow the instructions below. If you do not want to reset your password, disregard this message.

Your user account is controlled by an external system such as LDAP. Please contact your administrator.

I decided to create an account manually at the Verizon Wireless log-in page at https://community.verizonwireless.com/create-account.jspa

My question is how man I gain access to the account I created with the first link? Who is my administrator? Why are there two separate servers for the Verizon Wireless Community?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How may I gain access to my community account?
elliew

There are 2 ways to log into this community forum, but both require a password. Now if you are already logged into your Verizon acct you can then log into this forum without re-entering your information. Otherwise

1) use your Verizon login (which is your 10 digit mobile ph #) and password

2) create and use a Community ID which still requires a password

0 Likes
Re: How may I gain access to my community account?
sicky

Hello again,

While being logged into my Verizon account, it does not recognize my community log in. I have to manually log in with another community account that I made (which is this one I am using). What may the issue be here?

0 Likes