Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How to block users on forum posts
Gadgetman198

I have felt treated with intense disrespect and as a source of ridicule by a forum user. I have come across people of similar personalities, and am confident that expressing myself will be a source of further ridicule because "you can't take a joke" or "stop being so sensitive." This is my last-ditch effort before I completely give up on using these forums forever. Is there some way that I haven't found that I can block that user's comments on my posts, or is the only way I can avoid being disrespected here to never come back?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How to block users on forum posts
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You can navigate back to your original post from your Inbox or your Authored or Participated In Content in your profile and then click on Actions and Report Abuse next to whichever reply you deem unfit.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

Perhaps try reporting the offender? You can't block anyone from commenting on posts...I believe only mods can do that

Gadgetman198

How do I report them? I have looked for the option and haven't been able to find it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You can navigate back to your original post from your Inbox or your Authored or Participated In Content in your profile and then click on Actions and Report Abuse next to whichever reply you deem unfit.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

It was a lot easier to find when it wasn't hiding under a pop up menu called actions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Action drop-downs on the left will work, on the right do not.  The first screenshot above is from the link in the Inbox view (Header Link) and the Actions link is on the left, in the following photo you see the Actions link on the right with this view from the Activity Stream.

Capture.PNG

Took me a while and asking questions to figure out that Actions works in the full page view, such as opening the heading link in a separate tab, but not in the Stream view.  A little confusing I suppose.

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Novice

I've read your threads, but don't see where anyone has been rude or unhelpful.