Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I got something to Ask.! Please some one Respond..
B33
Sr. Leader

I'm going to Frank about this and I would like someone to give me and Answer..  I've always been a Stickler about the Points to some It may sound a bit un-fair of what I'm asking but Did I miss something I know I got upped in points my-self  but did some where along the way was there a Melt Down or was a Server Struck by Lightning on this Forum because there are Points that I'm seeing that just a Few Days ago were Just not there.!!!! 

Did something change in the points system that I'm not aware of I have been a-miss from here because of my Injured finger..  From what I was usually on here about each Day and frankly I'm shock a bit at what I'm seeing so again in the Matter of this,  I would like some one from Management weather it be the Admin Mod or from the Manager Please let me know here or Via D.M..

Thanks b33

0 Likes
Re: I got something to Ask.! Please some one Respond..
MiiHere
Leader

Are you talking about other people's points or your own?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

In the past couple of days Verizon online reps have been marking a reply in many old threads(thousands of old threads from what I can see) as the correct answer and closing the thread. I believe you receive either 10 or 20 points if your post was marked as the correct answer in any given thread. The more of your posts marked as correct answers in these threads, the more your point total would have increased.

I assume they just wanted to close out a bunch of old thread which had not received any posts recently.Smiley Happy

Hope this "answers" your question even though this thread is not listed as a question.

0 Likes
Re: I got something to Ask.!  Please some one Respond..
Snn5
Sr. Leader

All I can contribute these points to is that mods and other leaders have begun to clean up the questions left unanswered by the original posters/question-askers.  I think that with the volume of inquiries coming through these forums that there were so many duplicate threads, questions, and issues that it might be beneficial for some folks who come and ask one question and never return to be able to find an answer without having to ask.  By marking questions as correct, one-time visitors can find an answer without posting and waiting and even in search results, answers can be found in Google and then navigation straight to the community page with a solution is even easier.

I myself have seen answers to 6 month old questions and most any subject that is still relative to modern software, updates, handsets, devices, etc....  I wouldn't expect too many answers to be marked correct that are way beyond a certain time frame, especially in regards to end-of-life topics.  I myself have seen a huge shift in the ranks, but I don't think that someone coming here to ask a question is looking through the ranks to decide who is more trustworthy with their answers.  Most people who come here for the first time just post a question and don't even know how to navigate the site.  If we were in the points game, yes...it would definitely seem unfair for a user who has been registered for 1.25 years and only 9 months of engaged-activity to sit on the points board ahead of a 5 year veteran.

That's my only explanation.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

I have been wondering...what the heck are the points?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Snn5 wrote:

If we were in the points game, yes...it would definitely seem unfair for a user who has been registered for 1.25 years and only 9 months of engaged-activity to sit on the points board ahead of a 5 year veteran.

That would certainly depend on their level of participation and/or knowledge.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

I believe the points were a status symbol of one's time and contributions on and to the community.  With the MASSIVE cleanup these past couple weeks, the accomplishment value seen with "points" has diminished greatly.  This pretty much means that we are here to help more than gain points at this junction.  The points were never used for anything other than as a status symbol, as far as I can tell.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

MiiHere wrote:

I have been wondering...what the heck are the points?

The points are basically a ranking system. They don't mean much or get you anything, simply your length of time & participation in the forums and to some extent your level of knowledge.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

I think they should kick it old school, sticker style, "Terrific!" "You're a Super Star!" "Way to Go!"

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Snn5 wrote:

With the MASSIVE cleanup these past couple weeks, the accomplishment value seen with "points" has diminished greatly.

This COULD certainly be debated. If a post had recently been marked as correct in a thread started by a  one time poster who poses a question and then never responds if that question was answered correctly, does not diminish the accomplishment the post was indeed answered correctly.