Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Improvement to the BOTB program
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Would it be possible that when you release the BOTB (Best of the Best) listing, could you also send a message to the posters who received the honor?  Twice in the last week, I kind of surprised them with the title.  First someone asked me what BOTB was when it was listed next to my name and second was when I congrats them for getting the honor themselves in a private message.

I know this program has only been going for the last month and a half so it is new and not everyone know about it.  With a private message to the poster, you will spread the knowledge to the community members.  A simple form letter format will work.

"User xyz,

Congratulations you have been named "Best of the Best" for the week of Aug 1-7, 2010.

You can view the post at the following link.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Best-of-the-Best/Best-of-the-Best-Week-1/td-p/247703

Sincerely,

Admin"

Just a thought.  :smileyhappy:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Improvement to the BOTB program
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have confirmed they are sending emails to the recipients of the BOTB.  I am calling this one solved! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cathy298
Novice

I'll pass that info on. Thanks for the input. We appreciate it! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
moates
Novice

That is a great idea! Thanks for the feedback!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a good idea, Ann - and simple to implement since there are only 3 recipients each week.  Those of us that have been around awhile are aware--but newcomers are not.  And the recognition can go to anyone, so I think this is a very good way to get the word out, and avoid confusion!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have confirmed they are sending emails to the recipients of the BOTB.  I am calling this one solved! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann,

Good job and thanks for helping to make the forums great. 

Doc

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
This is sad. :smileysad: I have recently found out that the emails to BOTB winners are not being sent any more. Am I going to have to unmark this thread as solved? It was working so well for a good few months.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
With all the *excitement* that was generated by the iPhone, and the subsequent incredible volume of posts on that board alone, plus the addition of so many new VZW faces on the boards, it seems the BOTB has been a bit neglected. Announcements are late, and now it seems the email notification is slipping. :smileysad:

Perhaps the "Report inappropriate content" feature can be reworded to "Notify a moderator" or something so people would be more inclined to suggest posts and contributors they feel are worthy of wearing the ribbon by clicking that.

This would alleviate some of the burden of reading the thousands of posts in every board to find those nuggets of wisdom and helpfulness - let contributors nominate each other. Assign a couple of mods (if there aren't already) to this task and keep it on track - it seems to get forgotten or shoved aside, and I think it needs to be given more attention.

Just a few thoughts....
0 Likes
SimonD
Novice

Thanks for the feedback on this everyone, will definitely pass it on!:smileywink:

0 Likes
laurend_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for the feedback :smileyhappy:

With the recent changes in the support for this Community the PM's to the weekly BOTB winners got lost in transition and we apologize for this error. Moving forward all BOTB winners will receive a PM notifying them of their winnings.

Again we apologize for the disconnect and thank you for your input.

Thanks,

Lauren

0 Likes