Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
In communities Inbox - how do I find a lost "draft"?
Lepecp

I spent 4 hours explaining questions to my original post started over a week ago.  As I "hit" Comment to send the whole thing disappeared.  For some reason, Verizon's connectivity said something about problem with MY connectivity problem (really FAST QUICK pop-up) and Verizon signed me out of the Community conversation and Verizon Community Inbox.

As I started this particular topic, we have many responses back and forth, and this is the 2nd time this has happened here but a lot of times via cell, other Verizon support pages, and "dropped conversations".  It seems, as I get closer to validating my problem, Verizon "moderators", service reps, Techs, Communities, etc., experience "difficulties", transferring to next tier, sending me on another 'wild goose chase', program and/or computer trouble, etc., drops me.

This has ALL been extremely time consuming, loss of use on my three devices, and now, paying for services, Plans, and Data usage plans, access per line charges, that have ALL been suspended but being applied to questionable Past Due on account.

I FINALLY got to peers who at least have taken their time to help and don't read from a script for FAQ's.  This "question" of mine has YET to be resolved and appears to have happened to a very choice few and has cost me MORE money, time and the capability to talk to the outside world beyond my front door.

So, that all being said, do any of your "message" software have a way of retrieving "drafts" that couldn't or wouldn't SEND?

Is there any way to enable Auto-Save like you have here on All other community boards, discussions, Messaging?

Thanks for ANY and ALL consideration on this latest problem.

0 Likes
Re: In communities Inbox - how do I find a lost "draft"?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Lepecp,

I completely understand your concern about losing messages. There is currently not an option to save drafts within the community forum.
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Ann154
Expert
Expert

While there isn't a "save a draft" option. Posts in draft form are auto-saved if the poster is in the actual discussion thread and not replying from the Inbox. They are auto-saved while in the Inbox to, but they only seem to be able to be restored in the thread itself if the content was lost while in the thread view. The user can go to the thread by clicking on the subject line of thread in the Inbox preview or thread viewer depending on the inbox view setting of the user.

I used this very post to show how it is possible.

Screenshot_2015-10-19-08-13-32.png

Screenshot_2015-10-19-08-14-21.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Lepecp

Ann154 -- Thanks for addressing my concern with my lost messages.

I did find that there were 2 'different' message windows.  The one with auto save has the option to save has an "icon" in the upper left corner to use "Advance" posting.

This particular message window does not have this option. 

I guess the two missing posts were replied to in this kind of "window".  If//when I get to the other format, I'll send you a message, if that would be ok with you?

Thanks again for your help!!!

0 Likes