Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Issues with IE 7 and getting to the site - just hangs and then page cannot be displayed
nitekram

Works fine if I open another browser and try to get to site - anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Issues with IE 7 and getting to the site - just hangs and then page cannot be displayed
telveer
Novice

Certain security settings in IE (including IE8) maycause the browser to hang/restart when certain sections of VZW website are accessed. This is not a VZW website issue and can occur with other websites, especially those that offer mixed content within iframes and such. Resetting the security settings of your browser to default settings may fix the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Issues with IE 7 and getting to the site - just hangs and then page cannot be displayed
mdram4x4
Leader

uuummmmm ie7?  you should update

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
I agree with mdram4x4 - IE8 or even 9 is a better browser, and I believe the Verizon site is optimized for IE8 - though I think FF or Chrome beats IE hands down. Just my 2 cents....

If you are going to use IE, upgrade to the latest version.
0 Likes
nitekram

My company only supports IE 7, you will find that most companies will not upgrade just to upgrade. Though this was working just a few days ago. I am not going to rule out that it might just be a bug in my browser or a reboot is in order. Just not able to reboot anytime I want while at work.

I do not even use IE on my computers, FF is the way to go.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Leader

microsoft doesnt even support ie7 anymore, your company is seriously behind the times and should update for security reasons alone, it is free

but if you wnat another browser on your work pc and cant install anything

look into firefox portable or chrome portable

no install needed

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

nitekram wrote:

My company only supports IE 7, you will find that most companies will not upgrade just to upgrade. Though this was working just a few days ago. I am not going to rule out that it might just be a bug in my browser or a reboot is in order. Just not able to reboot anytime I want while at work.  OK--company/work computers can be restrictive.  And it may just be something that a reboot will cure.  Good luck!

I do not even use IE on my computers, FF is the way to go.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
telveer
Novice

Certain security settings in IE (including IE8) maycause the browser to hang/restart when certain sections of VZW website are accessed. This is not a VZW website issue and can occur with other websites, especially those that offer mixed content within iframes and such. Resetting the security settings of your browser to default settings may fix the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes