Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lost Coummunity Account
CM_Wells
Novice

I need a Verizon Rep from the forums to direct message me. My better half did an AOL on the accounts so we could utilize her work discount and now my community forum profile won't allow me to log in with my user name and password. I thought perhaps it was my password so used the forgot password link and all I got was a very cryptic e-mail response. If I try to create a new community account with my e-mail address it says my e-mail is already in use. A Verizon website tech rep has already sent a message to someone in the forums department and it's been about 48 hours and no one has reached out to me. I'd appreciate it if you could assist me in getting back into my account as I'm currently using my better halves. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Lost Coummunity Account
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Was the community account associated with your old MyVerizon account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CM_Wells
Novice

My understanding is when I made a community account with a username and password that it was a separate entity of my My Verizon account. Which is why non Verizon customers can log in to the forums without an active Verizon account.

Long story short, I don't believe my community account was associated with my my previous account number, but with my e-mail and user name which would explain why my account is still active and I can't create a new account with my same e-mail.

Just shooting in the dark though.

0 Likes
danw_vzw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi CM_Wells,

Let's get you back into your other account!  You will be receiving a DM from me shortly.

Thanks,

DanW_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Not necessarily.  The Community only ID option is separate.  If you used your old My Verizon login to access the Community, then they were tied together. Hopefully the Community manager were able to sort it out for you.  If they did, I would have thought one of your community IDs would have been disabled as I understand the members are not supposed to have more then one ID here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes