Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moderator-to-member communication suggestion.
supitsmike

Hi there,

I've noticed something ever since my signing up for these forums: The moderators really don't post much here. It's almost like they are more-or-less city police trying to keep things in tight check.

Now, don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't mind implementation of rules or whatever. It's just that on most of the forums I have been on, moderators are much more social with us. It's good to know that they aren't robots with Macros that just answer our questions.

I wanna know things about these people. Like the phones they use or why.

I don't know, perhaps I'm not the only one that feels this way.

0 Likes
Re: Moderator-to-member communication suggestion.
JenniferM
Novice

Hi Supitsmike,

Since this is a peer-to-peer community and we aren't subject matter experts, we don't post much outside of the forum feedback board.  We're happy to help you and all members with any forum software issues you might have and to assist you with features and options. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
supitsmike

JenniferM wrote:

Hi Supitsmike,

Since this is a peer-to-peer community and we aren't subject matter experts, we don't post much outside of the forum feedback board.  We're happy to help you and all members with any forum software issues you might have and to assist you with features and options. :smileyhappy:

Are moderators not considered peers that they can't post on the forums either? Also, I don't think that you guys have to be subject matter experts to indulge in other topics such as phones/apps/etc.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne

That is why I like the idea of a Lounge. Pretty much any one can post any subject they want in there. On other forums that are Lounges. The moderators would even shine in & be more social sometimes.

I grabbed this from Lithium.com. Hope it'll help ya Mike....

Responsibilities of a moderator:

• Master Lithium Technologies' suite of community tools, so that you can use them effectively and serve as a resource to Lithium's customers.
  • Monitor participation in online forums and take appropriate steps to ensure a positive experience for all participants.
  • Work directly with participants online to get them the help or guidance they need.
  • Collaborate with other moderators or managers who may be in place on the customer side.
  • Develop weekly or monthly reports that summarize activity in the community, provide meaningful analysis, and show progress against goals.
  • Work effectively with a corps of active users who help support the community.
  • Develop and implement strategies to keep the community vibrant and active with new programs, promotions, etc.
  • Advise and guide customer personnel on effective principles of online community management.
0 Likes