Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
My Verizon "Live Chat" help, still no option
ARS

I have scoured the FAQ's  and looked through the forums for this. Most recent I came across was from last year, which asked what I was also wondering, how do you access Live Chat from your My Verizon page, and why is there no option or button to click to simply bring up the Live Chat so we can ask a question quickly without having to go through all the wasted **bleep** of calling and working through all the automated crap.

Several people had asked this on the same post, and they got 1 legitimate answer from a Verizon Rep/Moderator stating that they know it was something customers had been wanting and asking about, and that Verizon was looking into getting the issue fixed, so we could access a Live Chat person when needed.

Well, currently, all I still see is the occasional pop up for Live Chat help once in a blue moon, that's it. Here we are over a year later from the post I read which was answered by a Verizon Rep/Moderator, and still, no fix, no option anywhere on the Verizon Home Page, no option anywhere on our My Verizon page, NO WHERE in the Customer Support COntact section to contact any Live Chat.

What's the deal here Verizon? Over a year later, and you still haven't fixed this so we, as your customers, can readily and easily access a Live Chat person when needed? Instead we need to hope a pop up shows to access it, or go through all the automated **bleep** on the phone. Personally, if I have a quick simple question, and I can't find an answer in the Community forums, I would much rather ask a Live Chat Rep quick, rather than waste 10 or 15 minutes on the phone, to ask a 10 second question.

It's ridiculous, and I am getting very disappointed with how Verizon is handling this. This feature could really simplify things for all of us, and maybe for you also.

Don't you think it's about time you dealt with this and added the feature for us to access a Live Chat Rep easily, when we need too? It's been well over a year since I read the reply I found, seriously, I think that is more than enough time for your programmers to add this to the site.

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon "Live Chat" help, still no option
jmccoy70
Novice

I opened a thread labeled "lithium is Broken" and got a response from Isadora.

If You click any of the "Contact Us" hyperlinks you will fiind on "Live Chat" hyperlinks.

Additionally, on the "Contact Us" page there is a section on email ing a question promising 24 hour response

but there is no Emil Address or Hyperlink to initiate the email.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You need to scroll down to the middle of page. There will be SEND AN EMAIL. Choose from the pull down menu you receive a monthly bill.

On teh next screen let it load fully. Scroll to the bottom, on the left is a link to send an email. If chat is open, there will be an option to the right of the email option. At this moment, chat is not available.

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Novice

I am sorry.  I don't see that.  Can you provide a url

Can you provide a Process that you follow to get to the Page where the Hyperlink appears?

When I clck the Contact us button I get a page where over to the left is a blurb about Email us, but no email address or hyper link and no hyperlink for Live Chat.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

There is not a link there. Follow the instructions I offered. Choose I receive a monthly bill from that box, then click the little arrow either next or below what you chose. You are taken to a new screen. Scroll to the bottom a box is listed as send an email...... click on it and a form will open.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Novice

Thanks so much.  Never would have found it without your help.

I remember my Grandkids growing up on Video Games and being so excited when they found a flyspeck that they could click on and open up a secret stairway.  I understand their excitement now.:smileyhappy:

Not being a Gamet, it pains me to ask but I just gotta. "is there a vzw/community.vzw Cheat sheet circulating?

What is sad, is that I have called in several times and tech support folks couldn't find the hyperlinks for email or chat either.

I will forward a link to your post to Verizon Tech Suppport. Perhaps they can make the website a little more intuitive.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

No cheat sheets. But there are a few of us on here more than willing to help ya out when and if ya need it.

And yes, to answer something in your other post, the chat box will appear when it is available.... It is just not that often.

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Novice

Thanks for your Help.

0 Likes
ARS

Thanks for the replies guys. For the life of me though I can never find ANY links for Live Chat Help. The day I posted the OP, I had just had a Live Chat pop up, and closed it because at the moment I didn't need assistance. But it wasn't maybe 10 minutes later I did have a question, and I scoured the ENTIRE site, and found absolutely no way to get Live Chat. So if you say it is there, I must just have some awful timing, or terrible luck with it.

Seems extremely silly that it would only show up here and there if they do offer regular Live Help. It should be an easy help feature to find at any time. Not here and there when they supposedly have someone answering the Live Chat. After all, they are paid Reps who are supposed to answer questions when needed.

Just a few minutes ago, when I came on to the site, the Live Chat pop up came up for me again. Here it is not much later and it shows me no where to click to bring it back up. The way I see it, is if they are going to offer Live Chat Help for people, so we don't have to spend 10 minutes going through the automated phone crap to ask a question that might take 30 seconds to answer, then they either need to add a permanent link in the Support section for it for people to be able to readily speak to someone if needed, or just do away with it period. Makes absolutely NO sense to ffer it as basically a "part time" service. I've worked many years in Customer service for Best Buy, Sprint PCS, to name a couple helping people with rebates, account questions, payments, etc., and never did we have some silly "part time" option for people to use.

If you are going to offer the service, to make it easier for people to get assistance, then get on the ball and into the 21st century, and make sure the service is readily available. Multitasking is a way of live for any Customer Service Rep, and there's no reason why all their Reps shouldn't have the option to assist via Live Chat when needed.

Just my opinion though.

Again, thanks for the replies. Appreciate it.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

My understanding of chat is, those who do participate in the online chat also answer phones. So there is no one who is assigned chat.

0 Likes