Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Community - Kudos = Points ?
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

In the posting about the transition to the new community the post mentions the removal of Kudos.

Since this forum and all other Lithium based forums do not display the number of solutions a user has provided I'm curious to know how this new points system will work.  Specifically, will my current Kudos be converted into points for the new points system?  Will we see a highest points list on the side of each forum to know who the top contributors are?

0 Likes
Re: New Community - Kudos = Points ?
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
If you click on your username or any username you will see the number of kudos, solutions, along wih a plethora of info.

As for the new community, who knows..... We shall see in due time!
0 Likes
21stNow

It sounds like VZW is moving to Jive forums, which I really don't like.  I've gotten used to them because T-Mobile switched to them on July 15, 2011 (can you tell that date is burned into my head?!).  I don't like the fact that there's no jump to last unread message feature, like there is with Lithium forums.  Also, the mobile version takes some getting used to; it reminds you of Twitter, with no separate sections for individual forums.

Forum posters usually earn points for "Correct Answers" and "Helpful Answers"; these are similar to our current solutions.  It seems like VZW may have made some additions or changes in the way that posters can earn points.  What we call Kudos is more similar to "Likes" in the Jive forum, because anyone can like an answer, but only the original poster can mark an answer as correct or helpful.

Warning, when you first set up your profile, be sure to turn off email notifications, or they will drive you crazy!

Is it too late to ask VZW to reconsider this move?  The moderators may see the benefits, but I don't think that the users do.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
@21stNow
I see what you mean by the mobile version of the T-Mobile forum. I didn't log in since I don't have a login over there, but that would take some serious adjustment to get used to that format.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Heck, I gave up on the mobile version for this site and just log in to the normal site from my device.

0 Likes
21stNow

Also, if VZW does what T-Mobile did, you lose all of the information in this forum.  T-Mobile didn't archive this information.  If there is something that you want from this forum, such as a solution to a recurring problem, save it outside of this forum for future reference.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I dont think they will go back to the beginning of the forum, (too many answers are outdated) but  I would think they would archive and bring over posts from a specific date and forward. Cant be that hard to do. Time will tell though

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
@budone
I couldn't even figure out how to switch from the mobile version to the full desktop version of the T-Mobile forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Sr. Leader

Sounds like a fly in the Ointment kind of thing: :smileyindifferent:  I 'll have to check that out on t-mo an i'm wondering if we move to this new type of forum:  is it because Lithium has had a few Spyder's  :smileysurprised:  in the closet that Verizon is wanting to do away with ? :smileyvery-happy:.... B33

0 Likes
21stNow

Ann154, there is no switching to the full version of this forum, as long as Jive's servers (?) read that it is a mobile phone that is connecting to it.  If you change your phone's browser settings to desktop, it may work.  On my Sensation, I get the desktop version of the T-Mobile forum by default.  I don't know why, but one day, it just changed to full desktop version on its own.  I did something strange that I don't remember to get the mobile version back on the Sensation.  Most of my other phones will not pull the desktop version.

It's weird that once I had used the mobile version, I appreciated it for certain things, but I didn't like it.  Once I lost the mobile version on my Sensation, I scambled to get it back.  Some of our old forum regulars don't participate in our forum anymore because of the new layout.  Others participate, but less frequently.

My biggest gripes with the desktop version are the lack of jump to first unread message feature and the fact that if you read a post on the phone, it will not show up as read on the desktop version.

Oh!  Usernames need to be restricted to one case.  If VZW doesn't do that, Ann154 and ann154 could be two different people.

0 Likes