Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No More Mouseovers
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

I have noticed since the "split," when you move your mouse cursor over a profile, the mouseover does not show the profile in the red box.  I notice it still works in the residential forums.  Can this be fixed?

Doc

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: No More Mouseovers
moates
Novice

I just wanted to let everyone know that this issue has been resolved!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne

I am a little confused.I opened a profile and put my cursor all over the users profile....my cursor never disappeared.

0 Likes
JenniferM
Novice

Hi StreetDocRN,

Thanks for pointing this out.  :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi,

I have noticed since the "split," when you move your mouse cursor over a profile, the mouseover does not show the profile in the red box.  I notice it still works in the residential forums.  Can this be fixed?

Doc

Any word on when this feature will be brought back?  I miss it!!  Should be a simple onMouseover event added to the profile link....please put it back!!!

I may have to resort to Justin's (CL on the Residential side) tactic of bumping topics that need attention up to the top every Friday....  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
supitsmike

SuzyQ wrote:

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi,

Doc

Any word on when this feature will be brought back?  I miss it!!  Should be a simple onMouseover event added to the profile link....please put it back!!!

I may have to resort to Justin's (CL on the Residential side) tactic of bumping topics that need attention up to the top every Friday....  :smileyvery-happy:

Look at the source code, there's hardly any Java involved, most of the board is compiled out of traditional HTML and CSS. Its weird because I can't tell if for every post they have an "a class=(insert what title they give usernames here)" otherwise at the CSS portion of the site you'd see the java enabling onMousover scripts.

After looking at a linked .css sheet it seems they DO have a section dedicated to the hover box for profile users. Now, unless there's another hoverbox that I'm unware of in the forums. If that is in fact the CSS for it then why it's not working is beyond me :smileyindifferent:

Someone please fix it :smileytongue:

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

supitsmike wrote:

Look at the source code, there's hardly any Java involved, most of the board is compiled out of traditional HTML and CSS. Its weird because I can't tell if for every post they have an "a class=(insert what title they give usernames here)" otherwise at the CSS portion of the site you'd see the java enabling onMousover scripts.

After looking at a linked .css sheet it seems they DO have a section dedicated to the hover box for profile users. Now, unless there's another hoverbox that I'm unware of in the forums. If that is in fact the CSS for it then why it's not working is beyond me :smileyindifferent:

Someone please fix it :smileytongue:

I was going to reply that there is actually quite a bit of linked javascript and jquery involved, and I did see the hover box css,and then I saw your edit...  :smileyhappy:

Something got renamed, there's something not connecting somewhere, and the script is not tagging the user-id div so the CSS isn't seeing it.  That's likely somewhere in the linked scripts.  But it's not my job to comb through lines of code to find it....I do enough of that with my OWN code - and it's actually more likely a box someone forgot to check in their admin interface - I doubt they are delving into Lithium's raw code/scripts to make changes.  (if they even have access to the code).

Whatever, it's a simple setting, I'm sure, and easily fixed.  Please?  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
supitsmike

SuzyQ wrote:

I was going to reply that there is actually quite a bit of linked javascript and jquery involved, and I did see the hover box css,and then I saw your edit...  :smileyhappy:

Something got renamed, there's something not connecting somewhere, and the script is not tagging the user-id div so the CSS isn't seeing it.  That's likely somewhere in the linked scripts.  But it's not my job to comb through lines of code to find it....I do enough of that with my OWN code - and it's actually more likely a box someone forgot to check in their admin interface - I doubt they are delving into Lithium's raw code/scripts to make changes.  (if they even have access to the code).

Whatever, it's a simple setting, I'm sure, and easily fixed.  Please?  :smileyvery-happy:

This is probably the case.

And zomg Suzy I didn't know you coded! I do/did too! Except I do everything by hand, and I don't use other programs. I grew up typing my HTML/CSS/Java in Notepad, and that's the way I like it :smileytongue:

P.S. I'm surprised they are using div layering for this site. You'd think they'd use like some PHP more or something.

0 Likes
moates
Novice

We just wanted to let everyone know that we are aware of this issue and we are working hard on getting a resolution soon.   

0 Likes
moates
Novice

I just wanted to let everyone know that this issue has been resolved!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yes, it has!  Thank you!

0 Likes