Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No early upgrades, among other issues...
frustratedcustomer_bt

I'm extremely disappointed in Verizon. Not only did they give us a data cap and make us pay more for insurance for new phones, they have also decided that there will be no more early upgrades. Verizon Edge is a big joke also. So since I can't upgrade until my contract date ends, Verizon will lose a customer. Two years is too long to have a smartphone. Verizon isn't winning any fans. Going to Straight Talk...

0 Likes
Re: No early upgrades, among other issues...
Not applicable

What were you expecting?   Edge did not promise unlimited data, and you don't have to insure your phone if you choose to remove it.

You had the right and responsibility to ask questions, READ what you were signing and make a choice

Don't blame anyone for your neglect to do so.

If you enrolled in Edge, and have paid on time and have good credit, have not upgraded since November 2013, you were eligible to "edge up", per the advertisements.

You can edge up when enough time and 50% of the new phone is paid off.

You have the right to return the phone within 14 days.    If your contract is up, you can go elsewhere.

BTW   Straight Talk stinks.   Customer Service is in the Philippines.  Service on Verizon towers is throttled to 2G.   And your current Verizon phone should work, but it won't.

I just paid off my Verizon contract, Paid for new phones (retail cost) and switched to AT&T.

0 Likes