Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Outages
kteeple

Can you have a spot on the Verizon Wireless Community or the website that you can list when there is an outage with either the 3g or 4g networks?  That will be much nicer than spending an hour on the phone waiting to talk to someone when we could have know that it was a network issue and not just my phone.

0 Likes
Re: Outages
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

We have asked over and over and were told it is not in the public's best interest to post outages. My take is, it is not in VZW best interest to post outages and competitors would have a field day, even though they have the same issues.

0 Likes
Re: Outages
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

budone wrote:

We have asked over and over and were told it is not in the public's best interest to post outages. My take is, it is not in VZW best interest to post outages and competitors would have a field day, even though they have the same issues.

Regardless of interest and public image, I think having an outage board where known outages and predicted resolution times would go along ways towards a more positive public image.  Right now there's confusion, and by the time we get answers here it's well beyond dealing with....

A place where people could go, see there's an outage and when it's expected to be back in service, would eliminate a good deal of confusion.  If there is no known outage then we'll deal with that...if there is an outage then that's my problem and it will be fixed by ... whatever time/date.

Good idea...that we may or may not ever see happen.

0 Likes