Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Password for Forum
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Is there any way to change my password for this forum other than at the login page and selecting the link "Forgot user ID/password? " and then "forgetting" my password? I know my password, but I want change it for security reasons. I looked all through the "My settings and Preferences" and couldn't find a way to change the password there. Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Password for Forum
Ann154
Expert
Expert

After getting some private message from a couple of the Mods/Admins, it seems that the only way currently to change the password for this forum is through the login page.  While this works, it would still be nice if there was an alternate way for a person to change their password.  There is a place to change the email address within the settings.  A similar location would be an ideal location to add "Change Password" section.

Although it is not really solved for what I was looking for, I did verify the one place where I could change the password.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I wonder if you use the same login for your account as you do here, if changing it on the account makes the switch here.

I have different logins for my account and the Community and I like it that way.

But you did find something that is needed here!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Oh, no! Very separate userID's and passwords for My Verizon and this community. I am not risking the chance of not being able to log into this community after I get my "new" phone from those other "guys" and you know who mean Budone.

Just to clarify for the rest of readers, I just want to change the password for my community only userID.

0 Likes
Isadora
Novice

I"ll ask about that, Ann154. A very good question. Everyone should update their passwords regularly and make sure they're secure (mixed cases, special characters, letters and numbers etc.)

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

After getting some private message from a couple of the Mods/Admins, it seems that the only way currently to change the password for this forum is through the login page.  While this works, it would still be nice if there was an alternate way for a person to change their password.  There is a place to change the email address within the settings.  A similar location would be an ideal location to add "Change Password" section.

Although it is not really solved for what I was looking for, I did verify the one place where I could change the password.

0 Likes
jrsanz1
Everyone should update their passwords in a regular basis.
0 Likes
angry_user

This morning I, too, am going around the web, changing passwords. I'm flying along, every site I come to has a "change password" link once you login. Then I get to the Verizon Community, and find once again, that it's like bowling with a balloon filled with mud... or like in the Visa check-card commercial, trying to pay with cash. My quick jaunt around the web comes to a screeching halt.

...guess I'll go logoff so I can change my password.

0 Likes
angry_user

I'm back. Either there was some "stay logged in" check box I didn't see, or the site has set a cookie. I click Sign Out at the top, and then Sign In, and it immediately logs me back in. So I "Sign Out" again, and click "Register" and it immediately logs me back in. So either I close my browser, and see if that clears it, or I go looking for a cookie that may be causing this... or I realize that I get paid too much freakin' money to spend one more second on this worthless forum.

Sometimes innovation is good. Sometimes is just flat annoying. Verizon, please make your forum work like the other 13,913,454 forums out there. K?

0 Likes