Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Points on the forum
Khines5705

Anybody else notice that it seems like points accrue for activity within the forum up to a certain point for the day and then all of a sudden no more points are issued for any activity whatsoever? I then cannot accrue anymore points until I am active in the forum on the next day or sometimes not even for a few days. I deserve my useless points! LOL

If I deserve a point for liking something then give me my shiny little point to have and to hold, or my points for commenting. I deserve the 57th position in ranking and I want it now. Doesn't everybody know that is the most important thing to me? Sheesh!

Re: Points on the forum
Snn5
Sr. Leader

This is just from trial and error experience, it isn't in the help link nor in a manual somewhere on how the Jive platform works or how Verizon configures their points.

To the best of my remembrance, points accrue at:

1 per like

2 per share

3 for a reply to a discussion

5 for a reply to a question

5 for creating a discussion

5 for creating a question

(Which means that creating a question is really 10 since you start a discussion before checking the "This is a question" box)

10 for each tag in a discussion (up to 7500 Gold, then tags are worth 0)

15 if a Rep marks your reply as "Helpful"

20 for a correct answer no matter if it was a user or a Rep/Mod

IDK how many total points you can get a day before Gold, but after that, 20-25 is the limit, unless correct answers are marked.

This is to the best of my knowledge.

I don't know what Document, Blog, Poll, or anything else is worth, if any.

Jive 7.0 Community User Documentation

Gamification > Using Jive Gamification > Leveling Up

Earning Points

Participate in your community to earn points. These points are what you need to advance to higher levels.

Basically, you can earn points by taking certain actions in your community, such as liking a blog post, creating a document, or writing a status update. You can complete missions as a fun way of earning points. Depending on how your community is set up, certain missions might even be designed to help you earn points instead of badges.

Parent topic: Leveling Up

0 Likes
Khines5705

Oh, so there is a point then each day where the points stop accruing? I noticed one day when I had made several comments on various posts, liked other people's responses, and did other activity yet only received 3 points for the entire day. I thought that was pretty odd. I wondered if somebody just didn't like me.

0 Likes
brian73

POINTS scare me!

Khines5705

But they show everyone how cool I am!

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Of course, the idea is to answer what you can and contribute where you feel useful.  People will remember someone with valuable information far more than someone with 100,000 points.

Khines5705

I hope everyone realizes that I try to inject a little humor here and there while also trying to be helpful. Hopefully I am as funny as I think I am and that everyone appreciates it.

Snn5
Sr. Leader

We do appreciate humor here...it is a "community" after all. All problem-solving and no actual conversation would be fairly dull.  There would be nothing to keep people from coming back, outside of troubleshooting threads.

Khines5705

Well, I see that my points have topped out at the maximum available for the day. Seems like a good time to get some chores done around the house. See you folks tomorrow.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

HA...you, can't mark your own answer correct!

0 Likes