Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Points?
wendylou89

What is the point of these points that you can earn on here? I came here looking for an answer to my question and I see you get points for things. What is the purpose?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Points?
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Gamification: What, When, How and Why

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Gamification: What, When, How and Why

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dontbescared

It's called smart reward auctions on the Verizon site. You earn points to use at these auctions.

There is an Earn tab at the auction site, click on it and it directs you to a page showing how to earn points.

Or so I thought !

At the top of the list is add a New line of service to an "EXISTING PLAN"  Well I tried to do just that.

Was told that my plan no longer "EXISTS" and could not do this without upgrade contract, etc. etc.  (sales)

Well if my "EXISTING PLAN" no longer exists, what do I have ?

Seems as this could be construed as false advertisement, and misrepresentation.

Ann154
Super User
Super User

dontbescared wrote:

It's called smart reward auctions on the Verizon site. You earn points to use at these auctions.

There is an Earn tab at the auction site, click on it and it directs you to a page showing how to earn points.

Or so I thought !

At the top of the list is add a New line of service to an "EXISTING PLAN"  Well I tried to do just that.

Was told that my plan no longer "EXISTS" and could not do this without upgrade contract, etc. etc.  (sales)

Well if my "EXISTING PLAN" no longer exists, what do I have ?

Seems as this could be construed as false advertisement, and misrepresentation.

That is something different from the VZW community.

THBenner

The points here are just a status symbol similar to how many likes a post receives on Facebook or how many twitter followers someone has.  Just shows how knowledgeable and liked you are. You can't redeem the points for anything.

Verizon Wireless has another program separate from this community where you can use the points that you earn.  It is called SmartRewards.  You earn points for certain activities for example you earn 10 points for every dollar spent on your monthly bill.  The points in SmartRewards are more than just a status symbol you can redeem the points for rewards like gift cards and merchandise.  It would be great to be able to use the points earned in this community for rewards like how you can on the SmartRewards website.  https://Rewards.verizonwireless.com

brzlyncolmbyn

Thank you, I was wondering what the points were for.

0 Likes
h00t

Is there any more information on this than just that one Document?

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

h00t wrote:

Is there any more information on this than just that one Document?

Nope. Not on this community.

0 Likes
celticson

This is the biggest ripoff in Verizon history--no wonder they have a bad rap.  They give absolutely nothing, and business volunteer to give away some money, like a dollar, with hopes of making 10 times that, and Verizon takes points away and they (Verizon) have done absolutely nothing for the customer.  Verizon can you hear:  RIP OFF.

0 Likes