Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Private Message reply?
mollydog7

I sent a private message through Verizon Community 2 weeks ago and have not recieved a reply. Can any one telll me if they have had issues with recieving replies to private messages? Perhaps it has not been recieved for some reason?

0 Likes
Re: Private Message reply?
jav6

Was someone expecting your PM?  Was it to a Verizon agent or a customer?  Unsolicited PM's to Verizon agents might not be acknowledged or responded to.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
mollydog7

It was to a Verizon agent and I'm sure that they were not expecting a message from me but I did not know any other way to get ahold of them.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Please don't send random private messages to individual community members. This includes the VZW agents. If you have a question or issue, post it to the community so the community members can assist you. If it is something only an agent can complete wait until they indicate they will send you a private message. Otherwise call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone to reach a customer service representative. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mollydog7, I am sorry to learn that you haven't received a reply to the private message you sent. I have sent a private note to you; please reply at your earliest convenience.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
mako42

In my experience, they don't respond to our private messages. I have had RobertC_vzw and AliciaD_vzw request my info (name, phone number, account pin) and I responded to RobertC_vzw. I tried to respond to AliciaD_vzw but since she isn't listed in the "Send To" drop-down, it was impossible to send her a private message. So I did the only thing I could do, I sent ANOTHER message with my info to RobertC_vzw. 

Both have since posted to the public forum that I never responded. I have sent them FOUR MESSAGES, none have been acknowledged. Maybe this whole private message capability is just broken.

Here's an idea, you are a PHONE COMPANY. Rather than upset your customers by sending them into the private message toilet bowl, why not give them a courtesy PHONE CALL. What a concept!

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

@mako42 wrote:

In my experience, they don't respond to our private messages. I have had RobertC_vzw and AliciaD_vzw request my info (name, phone number, account pin) and I responded to RobertC_vzw. I tried to respond to AliciaD_vzw but since she isn't listed in the "Send To" drop-down, it was impossible to send her a private message. So I did the only thing I could do, I sent ANOTHER message with my info to RobertC_vzw. 

Both have since posted to the public forum that I never responded. I have sent them FOUR MESSAGES, none have been acknowledged. Maybe this whole private message capability is just broken.

Here's an idea, you are a PHONE COMPANY. Rather than upset your customers by sending them into the private message toilet bowl, why not give them a courtesy PHONE CALL. What a concept!

If the private message came from the individual username of the VZW rep, then you should be replying to that message using the reply button in the private message you received. You shouldn't have to create a new private message and search for the username. Also if you had received the private message from @vzw_customer_support, you should also reply to that message by sending your reply to that username. You address it to the individual rep that signed that message.

I have received private messages from the VZW rep group username @vzw_customer_support and from the individual usernames of the VZW reps. I have also replied to those messages even ones that weren't intended for me. Sometimes I have received a follow up reply and other times not. I don't know what their policy for replying to the various private messages or how often they are supposed to check their individual username account for replying. It would be better if they were more consistent, but without knowing their procedures it is hard to judge if the follow up is being completed as intended. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.