Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Re: **bleep**!?!
tdelong08
Member

PJNC284 wrote:

tdelong08 wrote:

ReesRipple wrote:
I ordered my phone Friday, October 7th at 630 pm... my email says that expected delivery is the 21st... The man at the store told me the 14th... Am I going to receive my phone Friday or do I have to sacrifice a virgin? What was the cut off time for Friday?


Hey! I got a great idea!!!! Let's start another thread to clutter the forum even more!!! There are already a billion threads you could've found your answer or posted your qestion in. READ BEFORE YOU POST!


ha, if you've been here since January, you should know by now that no one reads anymore and everyone thinks their problem deserves a new thread even if it's related to another.  


Yeah, I know. It's just hard to not say anything sometimes lol. I wish there were better moderators...

0 Likes
Re: **bleep**!?!
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

tdelong08 wrote:

PJNC284 wrote:

ha, if you've been here since January, you should know by now that no one reads anymore and everyone thinks their problem deserves a new thread even if it's related to another.  


Yeah, I know. It's just hard to not say anything sometimes lol. I wish there were better moderators...


The mods on this forum do an awesome job! 

 

I will agree that endless threads about the same topic(s) get tedious for people to wade through.  The FAQ and the Solutions database were intended to help avoid some of the potential repeat questions, but it still happens.  And of course, eveyone's situation is unique in some way and HAS to have it's own thread....

0 Likes
Re: **bleep**!?!
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

SuzyQ wrote:

tdelong08 wrote:

PJNC284 wrote:

ha, if you've been here since January, you should know by now that no one reads anymore and everyone thinks their problem deserves a new thread even if it's related to another.  


Yeah, I know. It's just hard to not say anything sometimes lol. I wish there were better moderators...


The mods on this forum do an awesome job! 

 

I will agree that endless threads about the same topic(s) get tedious for people to wade through.  The FAQ and the Solutions database were intended to help avoid some of the potential repeat questions, but it still happens.  And of course, eveyone's situation is unique in some way and HAS to have it's own thread....


agreed. the mods do just fine. there's nothing they can do about the obsessiveness of iaddicts. the iphone4 and iphone4s forums are the only ones that are THIS ridiculous. it's an apple device so people are going to absolutely lose their minds over it.....and there's nothing the moderators can do to control that. and for the record, the iphone4 was the only device to get it's own forum WEEKS before it was even available. and now the 4s has it's own forum before it's available. good luck trying to actually solve issues when these things are actually shipped. users will post a problem and that thread will be burried 2-3 pages deep within 3-4 hours of initially posting it.

 

this device has 1000+ threads about the ordering process.....lol.

0 Likes
Re: **bleep**!?!
tdelong08
Member

AZSALUKI wrote:

SuzyQ wrote:

tdelong08 wrote:

PJNC284 wrote:

ha, if you've been here since January, you should know by now that no one reads anymore and everyone thinks their problem deserves a new thread even if it's related to another.  


Yeah, I know. It's just hard to not say anything sometimes lol. I wish there were better moderators...


The mods on this forum do an awesome job! 

 

I will agree that endless threads about the same topic(s) get tedious for people to wade through.  The FAQ and the Solutions database were intended to help avoid some of the potential repeat questions, but it still happens.  And of course, eveyone's situation is unique in some way and HAS to have it's own thread....


agreed. the mods do just fine. there's nothing they can do about the obsessiveness of iaddicts. the iphone4 and iphone4s forums are the only ones that are THIS ridiculous. it's an apple device so people are going to absolutely lose their minds over it.....and there's nothing the moderators can do to control that. and for the record, the iphone4 was the only device to get it's own forum WEEKS before it was even available. and now the 4s has it's own forum before it's available. good luck trying to actually solve issues when these things are actually shipped. users will post a problem and that thread will be burried 2-3 pages deep within 3-4 hours of initially posting it.

 

this device has 1000+ threads about the ordering process.....lol.


Every other forum I've been on moderators eliminate all irrelevant and similar posts that clutter the forum which make it harder for those trying to find good answers to their common question. They also "sticky" very popular threads with important info on the top of the forum so that you don't have to aimlessly search for answers to the most popular or common questions. I have yet to see any of that happen here.

0 Likes
Re: **bleep**!?!
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

tdelong08....well when i posted my comment there were about 1100 threads. then there were 990.....now there are 944. they ARE consolodating, eliminating, etc. however, when you have the same user starts 3 threads on the same topic.........or 50 people start new threads just to announce that they got a confirmation email, it's pretty difficult to keep up. heck, i've seen the same user have to create a new ID and repost his question because he couldn't figure out to sign back in. it's tough to keep up with that type of intelect!!!! 

 

the device isn't even in your hands yet. if i were a moderator i would think "ehhh....i'll wait until they actually have a phone and a question about it."  as i mentioned earlier, this forum was set up before launch (no other phone except the iphone gets that) and it will be larger than any blackberry or android forum by the time these things even ship. 

 

 

0 Likes
Re: **bleep**!?!
PJNC284
Sr. Member

It would be a pain for the mods but I'm starting to think threads should require an approval process.  Maybe tie it into ranking levels where once you hit a certain point, you're able to post without requiring prior approval.   oh and any thread containing the words "ship" or "confirmation" automatically get canned. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Re: **bleep**!?!
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

PJNC284 wrote:

It would be a pain for the mods but I'm starting to think threads should require an approval process.  Maybe tie it into ranking levels where once you hit a certain point, you're able to post without requiring prior approval.   


i like the idea. the only problem is that the mods here don't do this as their full time job. you'll see a bunch of them on here for a day or 2 and then you will go days without seeing hardly any of them post or comment. they have to approve images and sometimes it's fairly immediate, and other times it takes hours. 

0 Likes
Re: **bleep**!?!
tdelong08
Member

AZSALUKI wrote:

tdelong08....well when i posted my comment there were about 1100 threads. then there were 990.....now there are 944. they ARE consolodating, eliminating, etc. however, when you have the same user starts 3 threads on the same topic.........or 50 people start new threads just to announce that they got a confirmation email, it's pretty difficult to keep up. heck, i've seen the same user have to create a new ID and repost his question because he couldn't figure out to sign back in. it's tough to keep up with that type of intelect!!!! 

 

the device isn't even in your hands yet. if i were a moderator i would think "ehhh....i'll wait until they actually have a phone and a question about it."  as i mentioned earlier, this forum was set up before launch (no other phone except the iphone gets that) and it will be larger than any blackberry or android forum by the time these things even ship. 

 

 


I agree with with you on how hard it is for them to keep up, seeing how Verizon forums are only popular/busy during these Apple product launches. Also, wouldn't breaking the forum down into further subjects rather than just one big one for the iPhone 4S make things a bit easier?

0 Likes
Re: **bleep**!?!
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

tdelong08 wrote:

AZSALUKI wrote:

tdelong08....well when i posted my comment there were about 1100 threads. then there were 990.....now there are 944. they ARE consolodating, eliminating, etc. however, when you have the same user starts 3 threads on the same topic.........or 50 people start new threads just to announce that they got a confirmation email, it's pretty difficult to keep up. heck, i've seen the same user have to create a new ID and repost his question because he couldn't figure out to sign back in. it's tough to keep up with that type of intelect!!!! 

 

the device isn't even in your hands yet. if i were a moderator i would think "ehhh....i'll wait until they actually have a phone and a question about it."  as i mentioned earlier, this forum was set up before launch (no other phone except the iphone gets that) and it will be larger than any blackberry or android forum by the time these things even ship. 

 

 


I agree with with you on how hard it is for them to keep up, seeing how Verizon forums are only popular/busy during these Apple product launches. Also, wouldn't breaking the forum down into further subjects rather than just one big one for the iPhone 4S make things a bit easier?


no....because then they would just have to constantly move threads from the wrong topic to the right one. be glad there are only 2 iphone forums. go check the droid forums. there's about a dozen and they can't even post in the correct device forum. you get htc users asking questions in samsung forums. or original incredible users posting in the incredible2 forum. it would be a MESS if they tried to break this 4s forum down into topics because people would still post whatever they want wherever they want. you've seen what i'm reffering to just this morning. everyone feels the need to start new threads. i don't think over half of the members are even aware that there is a search tool.

 

i'm not trying to bash apple users, but it's just like nothing i've seen before. i never knew what a "bump" was until vzn got the ip4. i tried to help users with ordering and shipping questions prior to launch. then i started seeing all of these threads with additional posts by the original poster that simply said "bump." obviously i figured out what it meant and what they were doing.....but i've been around blogs and forums for years and had never seen people bumping their own threads to the top for no reason, except to stay at the top.......until i entered the apple chaos and tried to navigate the ip4 boards.

 

edit: i almost forgot  i had also NEVER seen people photoshop bogus tracking confirmations until i entered the ip4 forums. seriously.....there is NOTHING the mods can do with these types of crazies.

0 Likes
Re: **bleep**!?!
smitty97007
Novice

This is the nature of public forums.  Not much you can do unless you hire full-time moderators.  Clearly, many people who are coming here are not savvy or experienced in forum etiquette, but that is the nature of the beast when you have a public forum. 

 

And "bump" has been around for a very long time - pretty commonly used everywhere.  Usually it will be used by someone who asked a question and has yet to get an answer and their thread has been buried by others.  Nothing wrong with it when it is used properly.

0 Likes