Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Section for Droid/Smartphone News
droidsw
How about a section within the Droid section for posting links and discussing news releases?

I read many tech sites, blogs and general tech news releases and often find articles I think others would find interesting but I hesitate to share because there is not a place to do so.

If it is something that pertains to a thread, I will include the information or a link to it, but having a section specifically for that would be a better option.
0 Likes
Re: Section for Droid/Smartphone News
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Just start a new thread in the appropriate section if there is something to share.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
I have always felt that the users of this community do a pretty good job of posting news and information from the tech sites and sharing it with others here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
droidsw
You know ann154, I may be gun-shy from posting in the Moto forum. They are a very anal bunch over there and they get bent out of shape when a thread veers off topic.

Not so here. I agree.
0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Huh? I can't quite decide what you, droidsw, meant by your last post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
droidsw
A recent example:

A thread about 3G issues. At some point the conversion veered into wifi and someone posted (paraphrased) "Why are you people taking about wifi? The OP asked about 3G, NOT wifi!!!"

Many times, someone (including me) has posted a link to an article, or another thread as a reply, only to be scorned "do not post links".

I am not a picnic full of laughs and smiles, but the folks over there are some of the most grumpy, temperamental people I've ever dealt with.

Yes, newbies with problems often are uptight and angry in any forum. I'm talking about the "regulars".

Don't even get me started on the Xoom section. Holly Moley, the Xoom wasn't out a week before they were biting each other's heads off.

I made the "stupid" move of posting a link to an article many took exception with (paying $600-800 dollars for a device that is rumored to be released soon at lower prices and even a cheaper wifi-only version, will do that, I suppose).
0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Your examples, they're all from the Motorola forum? Just clarifying.

I don't find the AT&T forum very enjoyable to even browse somedays. I might be slightly biased about that. I never wanted to learn more about their network or devices, but I have been forced to do so.

0 Likes
droidsw
The Moto forum, yes. No one has stepped up the way wildman has and become a real go-to member.

The forum manager, Matt, should go into law enforcement because his skin must be bullet-proof at this point, after all the verbal shrapnel he has endured.

And the other members make more of an effort upstaging the previous person's reply than working with one another to solve the OP.

This (Verizon) forum, all the sections, have a different and better vibe.

And, I browse the iphone, HTC and a few other Droid X forums, so I have good idea what's going on.
0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Okay :smileyhappy: I get it now. While I haven't been to the Moto forum, I do agree with you that the vibe here is better than that other forum that I frequent. Although I still haven't figured out the vibe in the Fascinate section. Somedays are complete head scratchers. :smileysad: Maybe after they get FroYo...

I think my favorite section here is the BOTB section. It is always positive (by design :smileyvery-happy: I believe)

0 Likes
SimonD
Novice

Thank you for the suggestion droidsw. I will definitely forward this on.:smileyhappy:

0 Likes