Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Still an issue with viewing newest message
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I saw the suggestion from I think Jennifer about how to set up the forum so the newest message to me is the first one shown.

I have this side set up EXACTLY as the residential forum. There, the first unread message ALWAYS centers on my screen. This forum, it takes me to the top of the page that the newest message is on.

I have a screen shot to offer on my set up.

YES, I know I can set it up to have newest first then scroll down to see the older messages. I do not want that.

UPDATE!!!!  I know the issue, but Verizon  Web designers need to fix it.

I AM 'Jumped' to the newest message. However, the new header is added AFTERWARDS, thus I am taken to the header after being taken to the newest message. This is why the screen jumps. The forum loads, THEN the header.

This really needs to be corrected.

0 Likes
Re: Still an issue with viewing newest message
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Any update on this issue???? It is very annoying, especially when it is not an issue on the old, now new residential board.That board does not jump around and I am taken to the newest message.

Wouldn't it had been easier and cleaner to just copy the old board to this site and just delete all residential forums?  It just seems there were much easier ways to accomplish what you wanted.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I agree with you, budone ....  it USED to WORK!!  I've got most of my preferences and settings back, but this one  -  and it is annoying, especially on those multipage threads....  :smileysad:

0 Likes
JenniferM
Novice

Hi,

This is an issue that is currently being looked at.

Thanks for letting us know!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

budone wrote:

I saw the suggestion from I think Jennifer about how to set up the forum so the newest message to me is the first one shown.

I have this side set up EXACTLY as the residential forum. There, the first unread message ALWAYS centers on my screen. This forum, it takes me to the top of the page that the newest message is on.

I AM 'Jumped' to the newest message. However, the new header is added AFTERWARDS, thus I am taken to the header after being taken to the newest message. This is why the screen jumps. The forum loads, THEN the header.

Bumping this one up ....  I still do not "Go to the first unread message" - well, I do, but it immediately  "jumps" to the top of the page as budone has explained - it does not STAY on the first unread message, and I have to scroll down to get to it, after watching the screen jump.

Please fix this!!

****8:00 am and it seems to be fixed?!?  It wasn't working and now it seems to be on at least a few of the boards I have visitied that had new replies - I'll see if it continues....

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Hmmmmmm, I decided to log out of the MyVerizon login to see if the fix had been made..... it has not....  :smileysad:

Again, wouldn't  it had been much easier with less issues to have just COPIED the original board to the new address and DELETED the residential boards??? Then all the bells and whistles from the old board would be here on the wireless board without all the PIA issues???

It seems the developers made a very simple task extremely difficult.  Job security I guess.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

budone wrote:

Bumping this one up ....  I still do not "Go to the first unread message" - well, I do, but it immediately  "jumps" to the top of the page as budone has explained - it does not STAY on the first unread message, and I have to scroll down to get to it, after watching the screen jump.

Please fix this!!

**8/13/10 - Still waiting for this fix.....

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

This seems to be working now, as well, at least most of the  time.  I do go to the first unread message if it's the first topic I open on a board.  So, thank you forum admins for making things just a bit more efficient around here!!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes