Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
This is a Legitimate Question
Not applicable

I'm going to go ahead and delete my question because I'm sure it won't get answered and it's probably a violation of the forum rules.

Re: This is a Legitimate Question
21stNow

In other forums similar to this one, I've seen that the reps wait to respond to give the other customers a chance to respond.  This allows us to get points for helpful and correct answers, and advance in community rank.

0 Likes
silver6056

21stNow wrote:

In other forums similar to this one, I've seen that the reps wait to respond to give the other customers a chance to respond.  This allows us to get points for helpful and correct answers, and advance in community rank.

I think that makes it sound too much like a game, the aim of this forum is to get help (from peers and/or employees) rather than get points for helpful posters!  It's often not as if the reps really know the answers either.

My peeve with their responses is more the template:   Customer complains about X, first line is something like "Oh [name], I know how annoying it can be when X happens/fails to happen"   Don't need the fake empathy, just offer help.....

0 Likes
21stNow

I'm not saying that I agree (or disagree) with the reason, just that it is the reason that I was given.  Even though the rank isn't emphasized on this forum in the same way that it is on some other forums, the scoring is to the right side of this page and if I hover over your battery meter, I can see that you are a "Silver" level poster.  Points may not be a big deal to some, but they do have a meaning in this forum.

0 Likes