Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tried everything, absolutely everything to get my Verizon bill down...
mykul1959

I've tried everything I can think of to get my Verizon bill under $150.00 a month to no avail.  One more $200.00 bill and I'm gone, even if it means cancelling my contract.  It shouldn't be so difficult (or so difficult to find a place to post this, or so difficult to reach Verizon by phone at *611).  Really!  One smart phone, one dumb phone, and you can't get it under $150 a month?  Unreal!

0 Likes
Re: Tried everything, absolutely everything to get my Verizon bill down...
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Without knowing what plan you currently have, I don't think anyone on here would be able to give advice on how to change your plan to get down to $150 or under.

Are you on a Share Everything plan? What is your data allowance? How much data do you use?

Are you on an older Nationwide Share plan? What is your minute allowance? What is your data allowance?

Share Everything with 1 smartphone and 1 basic phone would be $50 minimum(1 GB) for data, $40 for smartphone access and $30 for basic phone access. Bringing your monthly charge to $120 plus taxes & fees which should keep you under $150/month. Of course if you need more data, your bill would be higher.

0 Likes
tim_raleigh

I couldn't agree more, our cell bill shouldn't be 200$ a month. GOOD luck finding a way to decrease your bill. Verizon designed the plans so you are stuck with a smartphone and a data plan.

I think its time to humble Verizon, America's largest carrier, and show them we mean business!! 

POWER IN NUMBERS!!

prmalouin

I have a similar problem: We started with a family share plan of 700 min for about $80 per month, not including taxes ,fees & surcharges, which alone is highway robbery. But, the mess began when we added another line and went with the 1400 min, which was the next higher allowance, @ the advertised cost of +/- $99/mo. which actually ends up being more than $150/mo.(3 lines). That phone was stolen, and reported as such. The best verizon offered was two options: 1) pay a Ginormous early termination fee and that line would be eliminated from our billing, or, 2) continue to pay the $10 monthly fee for the line anyway for the remainder of the time left on the contract, which ended up being more than $15 /mo with all those taxes added in. We felt blackmailed into this. As soon as our contract is up, we will be looking elsewhere.