Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
VZW community employees should follow up on their comments and answers.
GreenRobot
Novice

I've seen a lot of threads were a VZW employee drops a comment or answer to a members post then never follows up. I've also seen two employees offer similar or different solutions on the same thread but never post again to confirm or debate their contribution. I'm trying to throw anyone under the bus but if employees are going to contribute please do so. Don't just drop a one liner or a link and disappear . Thanks for your help and this community. 

0 Likes
Re: VZW community employees should follow up on their comments and answers.
Ann154
Expert
Expert
That is a good thought.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Isadora
Novice

Thank you for your suggestion, GreenRobot. I will pass it along! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Novice

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you for the feedback!

We've recently expanded our small group to ensure we can help out as far and wide as possible on the community. We are not scripted robots, but real people combing through the threads and researching articles to find factual information 100% of the time to give back to our community members.

We take all feedback graciously and hope to only get better everyday!  

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Novice

AdamE_VZW wrote:

Thank you for the feedback!

We've recently expanded our small group to ensure we can help out as far and wide as possible on the community. We are not scripted robots, but real people combing through the threads and researching articles to find factual information 100% of the time to give back to our community members.

We take all feedback graciously and hope to only get better everyday!  

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH really! http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Charge-by-Samsung/Charge-dropping-3G-service-quot-Network-not-avai...

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Greenrobot, I know it's frustrating to get a response from a community member or a staff member and have it not fully resolve the concern. Believe it or not, it's frustrating for everyone involved! Whatever the issue is, we all want it solved yesterday. The thing is we want to keep everyone up to date with accurate information and avoid ignoring our customers. Sometimes, the time arrives where we have to reply but don't have a solution. So, from our perspective, the response that we give is the best (and often only) way to say we're aware of a situation and are working to fix it. I'm sorry but there are really only a few ways to phrase that, so yeah... sometimes it will come over as repetitive. I just want you and everyone that posts here to understand that. And thanks for letting us know about your concern over such responses. 

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Novice

DionM_VZW wrote:

Greenrobot, I know it's frustrating to get a response from a community member or a staff member and have it not fully resolve the concern. Believe it or not, it's frustrating for everyone involved! Whatever the issue is, we all want it solved yesterday. The thing is we want to keep everyone up to date with accurate information and avoid ignoring our customers. Sometimes, the time arrives where we have to reply but don't have a solution. So, from our perspective, the response that we give is the best (and often only) way to say we're aware of a situation and are working to fix it. I'm sorry but there are really only a few ways to phrase that, so yeah... sometimes it will come over as repetitive. I just want you and everyone that posts here to understand that. And thanks for letting us know about your concern over such responses. 

I get it these situations are true in many fields but in your cases the frustrating part about hearing from the VZW staff is the generic responses without any real content. We appreciate you're there and reading but if you're in the thread and feel you need to post something then put something in the post . " The issue has been brought up to our product investigation team as soon as a response or fix is announced we will post it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention " is nothing but letting us know you're kinda reading threads but then the lack of follow up tells us that nothing ever really gets looked into. Example, in the thread I linked above two different community employees posted the exact same thing in the exact same thread if the first or second employee really wanted to convey that you guys are there and working behind the scenes the original employee who post would have followed up and the second response would have been more like " Hi members I'm still looking into this and haven't gotten any new info but thanks for your continued feedback on this topic".  Or if you did in fact forward any info to a team of product investigators then call them and find out the progress of the investigation. DId they confirm the issue? Are they in fact working on a solution? Did they happen to find a work around till they can fix the issue? All I'm asking is to answer questions, ask more questions, follow up, take pride and responsibility in your posts. Some the members on here provide better content, answers, solutions, work around, and  follow ups ( sometimes to many ) then the VZW staff and it's your job to work with these devices. I work on cars, have done so almost 10 years and if a customer tells me my business I work hard to make sure it doesn't happen again or educate my self on the topic beyond were that customer could because I shouldn't know less than a user of a product that I'm dedicated to and payed by to be the best. I am closer to the source of information and I have the numbers to call for information about anything I need to satisfy my customers and I use them. All I'm asking is for is the same level of service from Verizon. I have a forum for technicians to discuss topics like issues with vehicles everyday and it's not much different than yours except techs aren't posting " I forwarded this to the manufacturer and well see if they fix it for us ". Transportation isn't much different than communication we use both every day and some rely on their communication more than transportation so don't act like not being able to use the internet or make a call is a temporary set back because for some people to have a problem with their communication device for longer than 24 hours could mean the difference of having a job or not. Almost the same as not making it to work because your car wont start could be similar to no data connection and not being able to use your hotspot for your work laptop. Or your car dies while on the freeway and you have to pull over to restart it could be like your Thunderbolt rebooting in the middle of a work conference call. 

0 Likes
Booch

I agree with you GreenRobot.

The lack of responses from Verizon in the Samsung Charge Forum is purely disgusting.  We paid $300 for a phone and pay over $100 a month and we don't get the courtesy of any updates on the issue of lost data connection.

I've had this phone for over a month now, and still no resolution on a MAJOR issue.  I rely upon this phone for my work, so this is a big deal for me. 

When can we expect a resolution?  If this does not get fixed soon, will Verizon be a reputable company and offer swap-outs for effected customers?

I want a phone that works and this does not.  Boo Verizon, you should be ashamed.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Charge-by-Samsung/Charge-dropping-3G-service-quot-Network-not-avai...

0 Likes