Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Wireless Community App?
Rolfster

This community is not utilized to its full potential.  Verizon Wireless should actually create an app that is not redundant, e.g. Verizon Messages, Navigator, etc.  An app for quick access for this community would provide Verizon Wireless customers an easier means to access current information from Verizon Wireless itself along with input from other users of the community.  Right now I consider this community very inefficient.  For example, before jumping ship for the Samsung GS6 I was a Motorola devotee.  They had their own user community and so I belonged to that over Verizon Wireless's community for the simple fact that I could get on beta-testing lists and test Android OS's before they got to the general public.  They didn't have an app, but they could have benefitted just like my question here addresses.  I tell you that if there is enough traction VW will not have a choice because the all of the other carries are far more competitive these days.  It does not take much to look at other carriers data packages to realize that VW is not competitive and that they are the most expensive around.  Unlimited talk & text is no longer good enough.  It is the data market that it  competitive now.         

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless Community App?
danw_vzw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rolfster,

Thanks for your feedback!  We're in the process of upgrading the Community to the Jive 8 platform which will be mobile optimized and a great improvement over the current mobile experience.  Also, there is a Jive Mobile app which allows you to view your inbox, bookmarks and content streams. We'll be sure to keep the Community informed of when the upgrade is coming!

Thanks,

DanW_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

In the meantime, I have bookmarked the mobile site on my browser and that works well for quick access to the forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

IMG_20160401_150948.jpg

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

You go from:

Talking about a mobile app, for which there is a mobile webpage version (though not awesome) yet there is no Jive app inclusion because Verizon's forum version isn't compatible with the new Jive version.  This was to be worked on, suggestions were submitted, but interest and management failed to follow through.  This is dead-in-the-water.  Don't count on any overhaul anytime soon.

And then to:

The comparisons between the carriers' service plans.

Two different topics under a thread heading regarding a mobile app.

T-Mobile and Verizon use Jive, AT&T uses their own and Sprint uses something similar to Jive, but IDR the name.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Unfortunately the current Jive application Jive - Android Apps on Google Play is incompatible with the current version of the Verizon Wireless Community forum.

0 Likes
danw_vzw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Rolfster and Ann154,

Sorry, I should have been more specific - Jive's iOS app is compatible with the VZW Community, while the Android app is not.

Thanks,

DanW_VZW

0 Likes