Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Wireless Community App
Rolfster

I believe that VZW should create a Verizon Wireless Community App.  It would receive so much traffic.  I have to admit it is a real pain that I have to go to my computer so answer any replies back from my questions, or discussion topics.  I firmly believe that the traffic attributed to such an app would be well worth the development and maintenance costs.  Let's face it, VZW has invested money in product offerings (such as their Caller ID add-on feature that does not quite work unless the solicitors have registered their numbers) so why not great an app for this?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless Community App
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

The site has a mobile web version and I believe you can access the community through the MyVerizon application.

It might also be accessible through the forum's platform application. Jive - Android Apps on Google Play

Personally I use the mobile site or force the desktop view of the community to get the features I need to fully function on here. I'm typing on the mobile site now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rolfster

Just about every website has a mobile web version these days.  I was merely suggesting (and still am) that VZW actually create an app that customers want.  It is not obvious that Verizon Wireless has a community user's forum.  I did not find it by logging into my VZW account.  I searched on Samsung Galaxy S6 (now I have an S7) user's forum.  I was hoping that Samsung had one, but they do not.  SO I searched on Verizon Wireless User's Forum/Community.  I wasn't until I was in my VZW account that there was eventually a link to the VZW User's Community, but it took several clicks to get there.

Personally just about everything useful is an app now so why wouldn't VZW want to make this an app.  This forum is probably the most useful tool that VZW has.

Again that's my humble opinion.  Ann154 thank you for your reply, I appreciate it!

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

If any application is basically a web wrapper of mobile site, it is an application I don't find worthy to be on my phone. This site should work in the Jive application. It did before, but I haven't tried it since the last redesign of the this community.

As for the it not being obvious that VZW has a community forum. The links to it are quite prominent on the main website under the Support tab. Compared to where the link was 7 years ago when I started on this community forum, it is much improved.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Rolfster

I have never looked for it under support.  I only ever use it when I search on it from Google, etc.  So, since they do not have an app, how do I change my settings such that I get notified when someone replies to a post of mine or one I have contributed to in some way?  Is there a setting?  Right now I have to go to this forum to see if I have a response in my inbox.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

You can set your forum profile preferences to send an email notification of new posts. Depending on how much you follow, that can be a lot. My inbox would figuratively blow up from the amount of emails I could get from here.

I don't recall if the Jive application has a notification setting. I also don't know if users who have their forum account linked with their MyVerizon account can use the Jive application. I know it did work for community only ID logins.

0 Likes
Rolfster

So this Jive app, what exactly is it?  (I think you realize I am a novice at this, so the help you have provided is much appreciated!)

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

This community uses a message board/forum platform for it basic design, layout and functionality. Multiple sites uses various message board/forum platforms for the base of their forums. One of those platforms is call Jive. This community, the T-Mobile board, Apple and Sprint all use the Jive platform format as their base to build their community layout. Other platform is called Lithium and I know the Verizon Fios forum and the AT&T forum uses that platform. I'm sure there are other platforms, but I'm not sure of their names. 

I provided the link to the Jive application for Android earlier in the thread. If you use the Apple products, you will have to look for it in the App Store.