Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon gets dumb regarding customer security
nei1

Verizon, still trying to get their Community Feedback right, has a "registration" system that asks for First Name and Last Name to complete the registration.

I recommend simply eliminating those registration fields.  There are a few people that miss the opportunity to lie, instead revealing their real names on this forum.  That is unnecessary.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon gets dumb regarding customer security
Ann154
Expert
Expert

nei1,

The name fields of your profile (and registration) are normally set to not be visible to the community members and the public viewers of the community. If you feel so strongly about it, use some else.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
IAmWhatIAm

Ann154.

Maybe security is not important to you, but with identity theft affecting millions of people every year nei1 has a very valid point.

If you never had anything or don't have anything to lose now then it is a mute point.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Moot point?

Verizon knows who you are so you can make a screen name instead of using your own name. You cannot possibly think Elector is my first or last name now do you?

As Ann said you can hide the real name from showing.

Good Luck

0 Likes