Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Watch your mouth or Verizon will make you disappear
hughjorgan

I made a profile yesterday in order to post in the forums about how I am being treated unfairly by verizon. The issue is in regards to the $300 charge for returning a broken, broken phone under warranty and how they are willing to let a customer of 10yrs walk away over $300 rather than be reasonable by working something out the way any smart business that cares about customer loyalty and their reputation would. I didn't violate any of the terms of service for the forums. My language was appropriate, I just stated the facts and that I planned on leaving verizon and spreading the word about my experience with verizon. Today I was not able to log in, was not able to get a password reset, was not able to find my post and when I emailed the administrator my email was returned with this message

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain verizonwireless.com by orion.verizonwireless.com. [162.115.35.69].

The error that the other server returned was:

550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

I had to create this new profile in order to post this. And I'm keeping a record in case it mysteriously disappears too. Kinda appropriate considering the reason for my issue is verizon is just trying to bully me into paying them. So I guess this is verizons plan for dealing with customer service issues, just make them disappear

0 Likes
Re: Watch your mouth or Verizon will make you disappear
setsunakutemo

This SAME thing happened to me. After posting about my horrible experience a coincidental 'error' message would pop up when I tried to access the forums again. But if I logged out and then tried it would go through. They're quite underhanded and sneaky.

0 Likes
Not applicable

A broken device returned under the manufacture warranty if broken will be charged. The maker of the device does not warranty broken. Just phone malfunctions such as os etc. any damage is rightfully charged. So blame the device maker and not verizon.

Good Luck

0 Likes
3rdtime

Haha so when I tried to sign in today I was locked out again and they wouldn't send me a password reset...shocking. So I made a third profile so I could respond.

Pretty short sighted to say blame the manufacturer. Regardless of Samsung's return policy Verizon is the one who is charging me the fee. They are the ones who made the deal with Samsung. My point is they have the ability to make this right and are choosing not to. Now, this has become as much about them being a bully as it is about the initial issue. What coward scumbags for trying to get me to shut up about this!

0 Likes
Not applicable

There is an issue with the new forum so trust me it is giving me problems as well.

Verizon is not going to forget the money. They cannot since the maker charges them.

If you purchased the Asurion phone insurance damage would have been covered. Of course you would have paid a deductible of around $150 and received a refurbished device.

And you still would have been angry.

Good Luck

0 Likes
3rdtime

Yup, I have insurance.  And my deductible is only $50. The issue is a crack in the screen that must have been so fine I didn't even know it was there. I could've also had a new screen installed for $65...had I been aware of the damage. Or I could've walked into a Verizon store and bought a brand new S3 for $99. IF I was aware of the crack. I was certainly aware of the $299 charge when I packed up the old phone and sent it back. All those are reasons why I expect Verizon to understand my position and make an effort to work this out the same way any decent bussiness that values loyal customers and it's good reputation would. Clearly Verizon isn't that kind of business tho.

0 Likes
Not applicable

We'll $50 would have been better than $300 and those others solutions would have been cheaper. You just never know.

Good Luck

0 Likes
3rdtime

WTF do you mean "you just never know"? That doesn't make a damn bit of sense. You should work for Verizon (if you don't already lol). This is the same kinda crap they give me when they clearly understand my point, understand why they should do something, but don't want to and cant come up with a response that doesn't make them seem like the scumbags that they truly are. I really am shocked by how blatantly they showing that they don't care about keeping my business. I've given them over 20k since I've been with them and they would probably get another 20k from me but instead I'm not going to pay the $300 for the phone or for anything else. I guess you just never know. Haha!!

0 Likes