Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
When "Solved" doesn't mean problem solved....
wherder

OK so I'm seeing a disturbing trend in this forum where threads are marked as "solved" when it is absurdly clear that nothing whatsoever has been "solved".  How exactly does this happen?  Who is marking the issue as "solved"?  How can (even when in the thread itself people question the "solved" label) this be corrected?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: When "Solved" doesn't mean problem solved....
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The person who starts the thread has authority to mark the thread as solved, even if everyone else in the thread disagrees. It was his post which stated the problem in the 1st place, afterall.

0 Likes
wherder

I understand.  Thanks.  It's a little confusing and misleading when we all know that the issue being discussed is in fact not "solved" and when there are posts for days/weeks/months after the OP still complaining about or discussing the issue - only to see it marked "solved".  Just the way it is.

0 Likes
KathiMR

I'm wondering if sometimes this could be because the person in fact gets the problem solved from a source other than the forum & doesn't bother to post the solution?

I know in the past when I had issues I might have posted on the forums as well as talked to tech support. So we go after solutions where we can find them, especially with critical issues.  Not sure if guidelines are explicit that if someone finds a solution elsewhere, that they should post what it was to help others with the same or similar issues, rather than just marking it solved without specifying how.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yes, there are people out there who accept the generosity of others to help them solve their problems. They then find an answer elsewhere but fail to share their answer with the rest of us so that we could possibly benefit in the future.

I am sure that they will be back next time when they need help, though. Unfortunately, if they have the same problem and don't remember what they did to fix it, they will be in the same boat as we won't know what they did and will be unable to help them.

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Novice

Sometimes thing are sloved, you just didnt get the answer you wanted

0 Likes