Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
When will a Forum "Space" be Created for the DROID 4?
ricemeli

When will a Community Forum "Space" be created for the DROID 4? We are currently forced to post under either Android or the sub-section DROID / DROID 2, which is not working for us.

Thanks so much and kind regards,

ricemeli

0 Likes
Re: When will a Forum "Space" be Created for the DROID 4?
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Not every phone "needs" its own space on the community.

Personally I don't think there is enough traffic about the DROID 4 to warrant it a space of its own. It is similar to the earlier DROID (1), DROID 2, DROID 2 Global, DROID R2D2, DROID 3 models. So either the general Android space or the "DROID & DROID 2 by Motorola" space works for me and that where those users have placed their questions previously.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ricemeli

Thanks for the response Ann. But respectfully, I -- and many other owners -- disagree. It causes much confusion and as a result many have posted their inquiries to the general Android Space or others. I have been experiencing several issues with my device lately, and when I first logged-in to the Verizon Community I spent an hour and a half searching for the DROID 4 Space, thinking that I was doing something wrong, searching in the wrong place, &c, &c. I have since read that many other DROID 4 owners have had that same experience before finally realizing that there IS no DROID 4 Space.

However, as you stated, the DROID 4 is somewhat similar to the DROID 2 (my previous two devices were DROID 2 GLOBALs) and as such in my opinion it would be a perfectly acceptable solution for the DROID 4 to be added to what is currently the DROID / DROID 2 Space if creation of a Space of its own is not deemed necessary by the Verizon Community Managers and Leaders. Doing so would provide much needed clarity for people in need of assistance to know exactly where to post their threads and requests for assistance sans all of the above confusion, and a far more positive Customer Service experience.

Thanks again and kind regards,

ricemeli

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Did you also happen to notice that most of the discussions you responded to yesterday about the DROID 4 were started between June and August 2012? That is almost six months or more ago. This is what I meant about the amount of traffic for a device. Right now I think I see a couple posts a day for the DROID Razr series of phones as well as for the Samsung Galaxy S3. A few others have new posts at least once a week.

There are about a half dozen or so phones that have not had its own space here. Perhaps on other forums they do.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Sr. Leader

Well Ann i can see both Sides of this Coin i'll call it)  I can see were the Op is Coming From and Were you are as Well.!  it can be a little harry trying to find stuff sometimes on here and that's even for a Vet like me but i try as much as i can and i'm learning the Ropes on a New Forum for my new Scanner i Got Last Month and that Forum is no were set up as the one we have here this is Dandy compared to it Plus they Run adds all the Time on it) But back to this i guess some of it has to do with the Popularity of the Phone at the Time and maybe they Figured with like the Motorola's and there Similar styles a Post for all would Work.!  b

0 Likes
Not applicable

If there's not one by now there won't be one.

0 Likes