Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Where can we find details about the different contributor types?
deepaknet

I see a few members being designated as 'Copper' and 'Silver' contributors. Where can we find more details about these contributor levels?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Where can we find details about the different contributor types?
Ann154
Expert
Expert
That is the part that the Administrators keep secret. You can sometimes figure out an idea of when people switch ranks if you look at their post counts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Here.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Announcements/Verizon-Community-Ranking-System/td-p/21291

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
deepaknet
Thanks Ann,

But the article does not mention when does a transition from one level to another happens? In other words it not mention the criteria for moving from one level to another. Or am I missing out something/overlooking?
0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
That is the part that the Administrators keep secret. You can sometimes figure out an idea of when people switch ranks if you look at their post counts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
I would guess based on your post count that you are close to switching to the Nickel level.

0 Likes
deepaknet
Dear Ann,

Thanks for the clarification.

>>You can sometimes figure out an idea of when people switch ranks if you look at their post counts

That is fine. Currently the way it goes I feel is an elegant process to maintain a cleaner forum and enforcement of a decorum so that I can quickly get the required information in most cases without anyone manipulating it for the levels. I appreciate that.

Just was curious and hence asked.
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
The initial ranks are based pretty much on post count only - (having been around for awhile I've seen the "progression"!) - Once you attain the Bronze ranking, other criteria come into play, and as Ann said, details are known only to the admins to prevent manipulation and "rank climbing" as it's been called.

I gather it's some combination of post count, tag count, kudos received, solutions authored, and then some totally subjective criteria (how well you "play with others", general helpfulness, accuracy of information given, etc).

The mods and admins do an excellent job of keeping this place informative, useful, and a pretty pleasant place to be. :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
SuzyQ, not only have you seen the progression, you have blown through all the rankings! :smileyvery-happy: Lol

I will have to say, I have given up trying to guess when people flip to a higher rank after the Bronze level. That's why I said sometimes you can guess, but that is about it.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
Yes, after Bronze your ranking is pretty much up to admins. I don't try to guess-just watch who changes colors...
0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

SuzyQ wrote:
Yes, after Bronze your ranking is pretty much up to admins. I don't try to guess-just watch who changes colors...

I am trying!!!!

0 Likes